• We would like to welcome Pete and Harry as an official Affiliate Vendor. Pete and Harry, co-founded by Erik (EFV) one of our long time members and friends, offers a wide variety of products, clothes, watches and accessories, antique, vintage, “pre-loved” and new - all at unparalleled prices. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Which magazine do you usually read?

Nonk

Reaction score
Skywings (magazine of the British Hang Gliding and Paragliding Association), Spaceflight (Magazine of the British Interplanetary Society) Autoexpress, Focus, and any of GQ, Loaded, Total Film, Empire, Arena, FHM etc that takes my fancy if bored.

Gatsby

Reaction score
Just to add my two cents.. English: The Economist i-D wallpaper Whisky Magazine Japanese: Men's Club Men's EX Men's Non-no Begin I've found that Japanese fashion magazines are generally lightyears ahead with regards to coverage, pictures and practical knowledge; especially if you're into business fashion, as suits are de rigeur for 99% of companies.

Andrew

Reaction score
Golf Digest, Bon Appetite, Motor Trend, GQ, Forbes, Sunset, Gourmet, Food & Wine, a few others I don't read.

hermes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
for new magazines that may fill a new niche, "l'officiel hommes" launches this week in france and i recently read that "american vogue for men" is about to hit the newstands

VMan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For men's style magazines, I recommend:

Arena Homme
British GQ
British Fashion (or British Style...I can't remember the name off hand)

All can be found at Barnes & Noble. I usually just browse through them in the store, as they are sort of expensive at $15-$18 a copy.

Arena Homme and British GQ feature very wearable clothing. 10 leans towards the artsy and fashionista side - great photographs. However, the clothing and outfits that are featured tend to be less wearable. Judging by some of the articles, their target market is made up of mostly gay men. Not sure about the others.

auto90403

Reaction score
can anybody recommend what i should read to keep up with what's happening in the clothing/fashion industry? what do industry insiders read?

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Reaction score

topcatny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
auto90403 Posted on Jan. 27 2005,15:26
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
can anybody recommend what i should read to keep up with what's happening in the clothing/fashion industry? what do industry insiders read?
DNR for men's and WWD for women's, are the 2 main industry publications that my company receives.

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
(zjpj83 @ Jan. 20 2005,16:46) Forza Cavallino
Yeah, Cavallino is the shit. Too bad I missed the annual classic this year...oh, well. Jon.
me too. but my buddies sent me some pics. s/n 6701 - yummy...

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Reaction score

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
(imageWIS @ Jan. 27 2005,07:11)
Originally Posted by zjpj83,Jan. 20 2005,16:46
Forza Cavallino
Yeah, Cavallino is the shit. Too bad I missed the annual classic this year...oh, well. Jon.
me too. but my buddies sent me some pics. s/n 6701 - yummy...

I'm in love. Jon.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Sneakers with tailoring: yes, no, maybe?

• No, never.

• Yes, it can be done tastefully.

• Not sure.

Results are only viewable after voting.