Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Which leather jacket would you get

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by alan, Sep 14, 2007.

1. Dsquared

Dsquared Well-Known Member

this one is great[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. lance konami

lance konami Senior member

^ looks a bit stupid with all those pockets.

That rag & bone jacket looks perfect. Damn.

3. alan

alan Senior member

I still prefer the biker jackets, guess i just have a thing for that stuff lol. Though havent the rag and bone one worn yet, but i dont like them 2 soft.

I dont like yours Dsquared because i dont like jackets with 2 much pockets and stitching lines in them. I think the less there are the better, for me.

Berlin thanks for the pics man. Both look great on you. The Schotts looking pretty good too. I agree the vanson is better though. The collar thingie too is better on the vanson on the jackets without collars, which is why i initially posted the collared one from Schott.

Whats your chest size if u dont mind me asking (im about 42-43 in., what size would you recommend for a tight fit for either jacket?)

Thx again

4. Fuuma

Fuuma Franchouillard Modasse

I tried on the Junya X Vanson biker jacket and that thing was incredibly stiff, I couldn't even move my arms upward. I don't know how you people who buy real motorcycle jackets do it.

5. A Harris

A Harris Senior member Dubiously Honored

I tried on the Junya X Vanson biker jacket and that thing was incredibly stiff, I couldn't even move my arms upward. I don't know how you people who buy real motorcycle jackets do it.

You got to spend a lot of time in front of a mirror flexing your biceps and admiring how tough you look, that breaks em in
    [​IMG]

6. A Harris

7. ken

ken Banned by Request

Another option for real racer jackets:

http://www.aeroleatherclothing.com

This is the brand I went with, and I don't think the quality can be beat.

Yeah, Aero is in a class by itself. The price is steeper, though, no?

8. Brian SD

Brian SD Moderator

Agreed. Aero is definitely where I would go looking if I wanted a classic biker jacket.

9. Stylin-1

Stylin-1 Senior member

I still prefer the biker jackets, guess i just have a thing for that stuff lol. Though havent the rag and bone one worn yet, but i dont like them 2 soft.

I dont like yours Dsquared because i dont like jackets with 2 much pockets and stitching lines in them. I think the less there are the better, for me.

Berlin thanks for the pics man. Both look great on you. The Schotts looking pretty good too. I agree the vanson is better though. The collar thingie too is better on the vanson on the jackets without collars, which is why i initially posted the collared one from Schott.

Whats your chest size if u dont mind me asking (im about 42-43 in., what size would you recommend for a tight fit for either jacket?)

Thx again

A 42 in the Comet will likely be out of the question, but even the 44 will be tight at first. I'm a true 41 and I'm really glad I went with the 44 and had it altered. If you're 43+, you may even consider trying on a 46!

10. amlai

amlai Senior member

Have you considered having Vanson custom make the jacket for you? I believe they could do a custom comet or a variation on it... I haven't fully investigated it yet though.

11. ghulkhan

ghulkhan Senior member

I would not spend 900 on a rag and bone jacket thats made by theory

anyways ccp...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. A Harris

Yeah, Aero is in a class by itself. The price is steeper, though, no?

I lucked out and got a good deal on ebay, but yes, they are pricey these days due to the dollar being so low.

13. hrvatsko

hrvatsko Active Member

Berlin, could you post some of your measurements? I'm thinking about buying that Vanson and it looks like a perfect fit on you and I think I'm about your size (5'7, 37" chest, 31" waist, 140 lbs)

thanks.

14. Brian SD

Brian SD Moderator

I would not spend 900 on a rag and bone jacket thats made by theory anyways ccp...
    Who made it is somewhat irrelevant, quality of Theory garments are quite high, the design [of this jacket] is superb – $900 for that quality and cut is kind of a deal, IMO. It could probably be found for cheaper during the sales. The CCP one is nice, but that's not a motorcycle jacket, at all.

15. kbuzz

kbuzz Senior member

dont know if it helps, but i just took my 20 year old vanson out of storage-and have to say it weighs a tooooooooooooooooooooooon. Now if you dont mind that it is a quality product all the way. I intend to be wearing it all winter!!! Much to chagrin of my wife and kids.

I like the schott too. They are both made in the usa and i blieve both still family owned!