• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Which Jeans is the best?

alexanduh

Reaction score
Originally Posted by snooter
obviously dior homme.

wtf shut up 2 post noob. everyone knows true religion is best. how else could they justify a $500 price point.

xCrunchx

Reaction score
Originally Posted by alexanduh
wtf shut up 2 post noob. everyone knows true religion is best. how else could they justify a $500 price point.

lorls 449 post newb

add911_11

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There are no best jeans, there are only jeans which you like and doesn't like, base on the cutting and fabric...... One may think Nudie jeans is the best but others think their fabric is weak; on the other hand some may think Samurai Jeans are the best but people might argued their jeans are too stiff or the cutting is too baggy.

It really depends what you prefer, I am more in favour of the japanese denim because of their quality of the fabric.

ALEXANDUH stop trolling man :)

Aries83

Reaction score
Originally Posted by alexanduh

This. The only other logical conclusion is that True Religion are a company of cynics preying upon people's ignorance and uncritical appetite for conspicuous consumption.

But frankly that's slander and I'll have no part in it!

Great quote by the way sir
wink.gif

westinghouse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by add911_11
I am more in favour of the japanese denim because of their alleged quality of the fabric.

FTFY

jaxoninc

Reaction score
New to the forum- I threw on those naked and famous stainless steels and never felt love like that before from some denim.. So many crazy companies out there right now, the best Jean is the fit/brand that connects to your image.. On that note, Diesel is my my go to classic, Dior is One of my favorites for high fashion denim.. For raw I like to experiment with anything I come across, but definitely agree with naked&famous/apc and have been enjoying a pair of Simon miller raws

My two cents

veyron

Reaction score
Yeah it really comes down on what really goes along with your image but then again its different people different styles and different tastes.

max-t

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
since finding this forum i've tried pretty much every brand first n&f, rrl, then momo, then pbj, then i finally shelled out for dior and since then i've settled on only wearing dior 19cm. the japanese companies have nicer denim in cooler flavors but the cut and look of dior 19cm just can't be fucked with.

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GraphicNovelty
In the Denim Manufacturers and Enthusiasts Association Awards (aka the "Dennies") that was held at at last year's 23rd annual International Denim Enthusiasts Expo (IDEE) in Las Vegas, the prestigious "Denim Brand of the Year" Denny was awarded to Rock and Republic for it's particular blend of quality, styling, and branding for the sixth year in a row.

lol8[1].gif
lol8[1].gif
lol8[1].gif

Prior to the R&R reign, Rustler held the crown. (the Dennie)

CitizenCain

Reaction score
I'm new here, and haven't tried them all, but I have absolutely loved Naked&Famous and APC. Curious to try Dior though. I prefer simple jeans without a lot of "flare" ala Rock&Republic or True Religion. Those couldn't be further from my style.

Knisse

Reaction score
Originally Posted by CitizenCain
I'm new here, and haven't tried them all, but I have absolutely loved Naked&Famous and APC. Curious to try Dior though. I prefer simple jeans without a lot of "flare" ala Rock&Republic or True Religion. Those couldn't be further from my style.
Since you are new i would like to give you some solid advice. If you are above a 30 in sizing, i would disregard Dior and the most slim APC cuts (Petit standard, New cure). Some might disargree, but you will simple throw your money away since the you will not be able to archive the look the designers intended. For me this sums up the entire thread, it is not about the brand which makes the "best" jeans. But depending on your build and your desired silhuette/look which makes some the "best" pair of jeans for you in that exact context.

CitizenCain

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice. I tend to stay away from slim fits anyway. Overly skinny jeans make my legs look way to scrawny. I have liked the New Standards from APC ok though. Still trying to figure out what my exact size is since it seems necessary to size down quite a bit.

Knisse

Reaction score
Originally Posted by CitizenCain
Thanks for the advice. I tend to stay away from slim fits anyway. Overly skinny jeans make my legs look way to scrawny. I have liked the New Standards from APC ok though. Still trying to figure out what my exact size is since it seems necessary to size down quite a bit.

If you know your true size, i was - and since i spent a good amount of time in the APC thread, so i know that this is the common rule - size down 2 from your true size to fit New Standards, although if you have very large thighs or something i would definitely look around online for measurements or of course (if you can) try them in a store
smile.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads