Which jacket do you like better?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by nightcrawler, Mar 2, 2013.

1. nightcrawler

nightcrawler Member

Yes I've heard a couple people say that leather jackets are out. That's fine, I still want one though. Waddaya think between these two? Pretty subtle differences, but they're there. And I'm looking for the no collar style. Oh and I'm 5'10" about 178, probably pretty similar to the model. Look around on the site too if you're so inclined. They have some cool stuff, including movie replicas. Anyway:

Evolver

http://www.soulrevolver.com/vintage-style-leather-jackets/mens/evolver-black

Cafe Racer

http://www.soulrevolver.com/vintage-style-leather-jackets/mens/cafe-racer-black

Thanks...

Last edited: Mar 2, 2013

2. Gauss17

Gauss17 Senior member

I like the Evolver better personally. Whenever somebody says something is "out", it reminds me of the time a Nordstrom employee told me burgundy shoes were "out" and that is why they did not carry them.

3. nightcrawler

nightcrawler Member

What about the Evolver do you like better? That it's more minimal? Someone elsewhere said it looks too "oh so suave metrosexual". And then someone else said it kinda looks like a woman's coat. I initially liked it better, but have grown torn. Do you dig the Racer as well?

Last edited: Mar 2, 2013

4. Gauss17

Gauss17 Senior member

Yes, but there is nothing wrong with the racer. I just personally don't dig the two chest pockets. It's all personal preference though. Doesn't look like a women's coat, but I might argue that most leather jackets styles are unisex.

5. nightcrawler

nightcrawler Member

Yeah I can't decide if I'm into the chest pockets either haha. Dammit...

6. nightcrawler

nightcrawler Member

7. nightcrawler

nightcrawler Member

I swear I'll give it a rest after this time haha...

8. VinnyMac

VinnyMac Senior member

I don't prefer either. Pick the one that you like.

9. nightcrawler

nightcrawler Member

I like em both and I'm torn. That's why I decided to ask the fashion gurus here!

10. Rene_Lahm

Rene_Lahm Senior member

Neither would work for me to be honest. I'm not a huge fan of black leather, so I'll pretend they're both brown. I don't really like the chest pockets on the racer, and well, it looks too much like a biker's jacket. I guess i'd go with the first if I had to choose, but I wouldn't wear it much. I know it's supposed to be short, but it seems even shorter than it should be. My girlfriend just bought a very similar jacket as well, so I see where you would get the feminine comments from.

Good luck in choosing, if you like the biker/racer style go with it, if not go for the minimalist choice, it's probably more versatile. It's all about your style.

11. bertie

bertie Senior member

I associate band collars with motorcycle jackets and feel that if you want that style go all the way with a double rider style. If you want something more versatile go for a bomber style with a regular collar. Can still be minimalist in style but will be more timeless.

12. cptjeff

cptjeff Senior member

I'd go with the cafe racer, pockets are useful on a leather jacket. Mine is the bomber style with a regular collar like bertie suggests, with map pockets, handwarmer pockets, and an interior pocket. Looks good and incredibly practical.

13. Ivar

Ivar Senior member

I can see the minimalist appeal of the Evolver but prefer the more classic styling of the Café Racer.

14. nightcrawler

nightcrawler Member

Thanks guys. I'm considering ordering both and sending one back. It'll cost me in shipping though!

15. Liquidus

Liquidus Senior member