1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Which IWC Pilot's Watch - Mark XII or XV?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by moonman, Jan 19, 2008.

1. Teacher

Teacher Senior member

IMO, a 39mm case is right about perfect for a 6.9mm wrist. Keep in mind that this isn't a traditional dress watch so its meant to be a bit bigger and thicker.

Good Lord...if somebody has a 6.9 mm wrist, I would think they should be advised to invest in food rather than expensive watches![​IMG]

2. moonman

moonman Well-Known Member

Good Lord...if somebody has a 6.9 mm wrist, I would think they should be advised to invest in food rather than expensive watches![​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. kngrimm

kngrimm Senior member

I wear a 38.5mm Omega Deville and it is not anywhere close to being too big... If anything, I find the 36mm (rolex style) watch way too small..

But, please know, I really like the 45mm Zenith Open XXL, so maybe we just have different preferences [​IMG]

4. droow

droow New Member

[​IMG] Hey everyone, new here but i found it through googling iwc 3706.

I have one for sale if anyone's interested? I'm about to put it on ebay. It's in good condition, came back from iwc after it's annual service last week, still has service sticker on the back, all boxes/papers/manuals/service reciept. Has a gorgeous black abp (http://www.abp-paris.com/) Ostrich shin strap and IWC Deployment clasp.

[​IMG]

Lovely watch and has been my favourite for ages. But the other half bought me an Ikepod for xmas so i don't really need it any more!!

email me or pm me if you want any more info or pics

Andy

5. watchbuyeruk

watchbuyeruk New Member

hi
    i just bopught a iwc flieger chronograph , i opened up the back to view the movement , i expected to see a calibre number but can only see the following on the movement 2525780 and a tiny iwc, the calibre of the movment should be 7922 , can any one help with this one.

6. braised

braised Senior member

There's no question - get the larger XV. The modern style is for larger watches and the XV is way smaller than the mergin 42mm standard. Smaller watches look too girly. You'll never regret the XV.

I wanted a chrono so bought a 3706 - I some times think of swapping down for an XV but use the chrono function more than I thought that I would and the watch has been tough.

7. GuidoWongolini

GuidoWongolini Senior member

Neither.. Just an excuse to post pics of my 2 goto work & play IWCs [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. rioni

rioni Senior member

I just got my IWC 3717 and it's a new fav. It's just about perfect! highly recommended.

9. forex

forex Senior member

I just got my IWC 3717 and it's a new fav. It's just about perfect! highly recommended.

Did you buy it new?I'd like to see it in person,anywhere I can find it in Atlanta?

10. rioni

rioni Senior member

I couldn't find this exact watch in Atlanta but I did find it used on timezone.com in mint condition for $1500 off the retail price. This watch is sure to be a classic. [​IMG]
    Did you buy it new?I'd like to see it in person,anywhere I can find it in Atlanta?

11. leon12

leon12 Senior member

I have a white Mark XV and a 3717. The 3717 gets more wrist time, but I love them both. IWC's braclets are a thing of beauty.

12. jcc123

jcc123 Senior member

I love my XV. The XII movement is better but the larger size XV looks better. I have a 6.5 cm wrist and it looks fine.
    [​IMG]

13. SirSuturesALot

SirSuturesALot Senior member

Get one of these....3706 in ceramic aka 3705. Stealthy and tough as nails.

[​IMG]

Strange that I'm replying to a thread bumped by spam, but what color watch band does a black watch like this go best with?

14. braised

braised Senior member

Mark XV, its a sport watch and the sizing is perfect. Don't make the assumption that because the new version is "cartoonish" that the XV is also. I wear a 3706 everyday, if I were to change it would be to an XV.

B