• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Which Hoodie Should I Buy?

NaTionS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm looking to buy a hoodie and can't decide which to get. Which of these two hoodies (if any), would you pick?

The two that caught my eye are this one from B. Son http://www.tobi.com/product/11731-b-...color_id=13886 and this one from Shades of Greige http://www.tobi.com/product/11693-sh...color_id=13848.

I'm leaning towards the SoG one but it seems as the general consensus is that SoG's quality hasn't been worth the price. Is this piece any different? I know EG and W+H has hoodies that are around the same price with much better quality but all the ones I've seen look really plain and boring like something you would find at Banana Republic/Gap.

Which would you pick out of these two? Other recommendations are also welcome.

djh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was thinking about getting the B.son myself...

ahjota

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Crakaveli

Reaction score
can't speak for shades of greige but the b.son hoodie is made with thick material and i like the design better than the others. the only negative for me is it's loose around the waist and a little short.

Brutus

Reaction score

sh0ebox

Reaction score
I actually have the B.Son hoody myself (in black, though) and I love it.

The material is thick and really warm... and it definitely feels like it's worth the price you pay. Quality construction and it's definitely a unique piece. Here's a couple fit pics so you can get a better idea of how it looks since I noticed there weren't many fit pics online before I bought mine:

30k8xt1.jpg

2hds3mh.jpg

2cghtlg.jpg

1zzi6go.jpg

kakemono

Reaction score
I picked the BSon b/c the other one has the zipper end very abruptly in the middle of your chest. It seems very out of place.

Chinook

Reaction score
Ah...

I was thinking about these bunnyhugs at work today.. I am definitely split between the two
cold[1].gif

NaTionS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those fit pics might've just changed my mind about what to get. It looks fantastic but it seems like the black ones are sold out everywhere. All I could find online were green ones. My only concern is that it does look a bit short and I have a disporportionally long torso, I'm 6' with an inseam of 30".
Originally Posted by ahjota
Seems like you're more interested in details, so... http://www.tobi.com/product/12175-pe...color_id=14374 http://www.tobi.com/product/11378-wr...color_id=13528 <-- I kind of like this one myself.
I looked at the Wrath Arcane one before but thought it looked a little thin. People's Market has some nice outerwear pieces, I might look into it some more. Thanks

junebugmm

Reaction score
My B.Son hoody in Stallion (Chocolate color) came on Friday from ShopDetour
and it's freaking awesome.
I am not joking when I say you can wear this hoody in 11 different styles.
It's definitely a unique piece.

For those of you who can't find the correct size for you, check out ShopDetour.
They received their B.Son hoody just a week ago I believe.

But I am really tempted by the hoody from Wings and Horns because
that tiger fleece has been on my mind all week. I want to try one on.

NaTionS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^Looks like I'm too late, ShopDetour only has it in a M now.

Does anyone know where I can find the B.Son hoodie in black?

And all the people that voted other, it doesn't really help if you don't post any recommendations.

rocks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd get w+h coated terry hoodie, recently got mine and was thinking of selling it here sight unseen but after taking delivery I've changed my mind.

junebugmm

Reaction score
Nations,

I'd call Revolve and ask them if they will re-stock the B.Son hoody in Black again.

http://www.revolveclothing.com/Displ...6&c=B.+Son&d=n

Also, try placing a special order. Chances are probably around 35/65, but it's definitely
worth trying. I really hope you get it. I'm wearing it right now as I'm typing and it feels
so damn good and comfortable.
smile.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads