1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Which eBay shoes are a better buy?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by jwoodywild, Apr 27, 2006.

1. jwoodywild

jwoodywild Member

2. Margaret

Margaret Senior member

How could 39 bucks NOT be a good buy?

3. jwoodywild

jwoodywild Member

I am assuming that eventually they will go well above $39.

4. Margaret

Margaret Senior member

Fair enough. I guess I was just answering the first part of the first question. [​IMG]

5. amemovox

amemovox Well-Known Member

I am a fan of Santoni. Just be aware they produce shoes in differing quality levels. Ferragamo does the same. Tramezza is the highest line of Ferragamo shoes and those are represented as being Tramezzas. If they fit, $250.00 is a good price as they retail for $600.00 +.

6. thinman

thinman Senior member

I own this style of Ferragamo Tramezza shoe and I have tried on the Santoni Brenden model. I think the Tramezza is the better-made shoe, though both are good.

I would not pay more than $339 for the Tramezza, as there have been a lot of them on ebay recently in exactly this style, the "Filosofo", with BIN prices of $339. I would pay, and have paid, $339 for Ferragamo Tramezzas (actually slightly more), when I could try them on and knew they fit. The price you're willing to pay really depends how much you like the style.

I would not pay more than about $250 for the Santoni Brenden, but if you can get it for significantly less, then it's a real bargain. I expect it to sell eventually for something near $250-300, though I don't follow Santoni's on ebay as closely as I follow Tramezzas.

I guess the real question is how much you like the different styles of the two shoes and how expensive the Brenden gets.

Good luck!!

7. demeis

demeis Senior member

The ferragamo's only because i am probibly going to be bidding on the Santonis and the last pair went for aroudn $250

8. The_Foxx

The_Foxx Senior member

wait, wait-- those santonis are clearly USED, how much it is hard to tell from the pictures-- the soles look a little suspect, as if wear has been covered up somehow. however, the tramezzas look to be brand new and untouched.

if that's the case, aren't the tramezzas a clear choice??

9. demeis

demeis Senior member

wait, wait-- those santonis are clearly USED, how much it is hard to tell from the pictures-- the soles look a little suspect, as if wear has been covered up somehow. however, the tramezzas look to be brand new and untouched.

if that's the case, aren't the tramezzas a clear choice??

It says they were model shoes and that the soles were sanded to prevent returns. Never heard of this though

10. nerdykarim

nerdykarim Senior member

It says they were model shoes and that the soles were sanded to prevent returns. Never heard of this though

I'm fairly certain that's a misrepresentation of the condition--Why would the store sand the soles of a display model?

I'd bet that they were used, but returned to the store for some reason. The store accepted them and either sold them at deep discount or sent them to a place like Off Fifth/Last Call/etc.

11. Roger

Roger Senior member

Thinman, I'm curious about the seller's description of the Tramezzas as "360 degree welted." That strikes me as really odd for an Italian shoe and, from the picture, doesn't seem to be the case--and I'd really hope they aren't. Are your Tramezzas 360 degree welted?