• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Which diver watch, Seiko or Invcta

tthornell

Reaction score
I am in the market for a diver watch and my budget is under $200. I am a watch buff but (gasp) not interested in the movement. Quartz is fine for me. Here are my choices. I would appreciate any suggestions.

http://www.skywatches.com.sg/seiko_d...tch/image7.htm or

http://www.watchzworld.com/invicta_pro_diver_9307.html

Honestly I prefer the look of the Invicta, (I like their logo and the buble over the date) but I am afraid that it may not be rugged enoungh to withstand everyday wear and maintain it attractive looks. What do you guys think?

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
i have something similar to that seiko automatic:

IMGP3307.jpg

bought this one from chorse123 for a very great price near hundred dollars.

i know you dont care what movement, but for same price range getting an automatic , automatically (no pun intended) gives you more value for the money you spent.

the invictas are not a purist watch buff brand name. they are more a brand that is 'the poor man's gucci watch' or something like that, please correct me if i am wrong.

seiko is more a purist watch buff watch, a big following is out there for seiko , big fan base, for a good reason. you are getting a quality watch and is a great watch for starter collectors.
imo

tthornell

Reaction score
I see your point, but one issue I have is that I am in the Coast Guard, stationed on a ship, and I am afraid that I would damage the movement of an automatic because it can be tough to really take care of something underway. Do automatic watches require much care?

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A watch buff that doesn't care about movement or know the proper term for the cyclops magnifier?
confused.gif

Both designs are Rolex Sub homages, with the Invicta being more blatantly so. I wouldn't get either of them; there're better Seiko auto divers within your price range.

P.S: just see your edit. No worries, the Seiko 7S26 movement is tough as nail.

Originally Posted by diorshoe
the invictas are not a purist watch buff brand name. they are more a brand that is 'the poor man's gucci watch' or something like that, please correct me if i am wrong.
Invicta is considered by most not as a watchmaker, but rather a marketing brand. More importantly, none of their design is original.

tthornell

Reaction score
Let me clarify the watch buff statement. I like cool looking watches. It's just hard to say that without sounding ignorant. Ah, so be it.
Do you think I would have trouble with the Invicta, as far as ruggedness (spell?) goes? I really perfer the looks of that one. What do you think qualifies a Seiko in that price range as better than another? Thanks for the quick replies.

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
thank you for your service

Lucky Strike

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Of the two, I much prefer the Seiko. The Invicta is just a Rolex rip-off.

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lucky Strike
Of the two, I much prefer the Seiko. The Invicta is just a Rolex rip-off.

I also prefer the Seiko's smaller case size.

maxnharry

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have an Invicta that I like alot.

41-BRAGt4ML._SS400_.jpg

I have to agree that I cannot wear it in an afloat or other deployed environment. I did for a while and crushed the crystal.

My preference for a rough environment is

9188549myupgradeshop_1735_177445457-resized200.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads