1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.

Which Crockett & Jones boots?

Discussion in 'Menswear Advice' started by aquatherm, Feb 4, 2019.

1. aquatherm

aquatherm Active Member

Hello gents,

Here is my humble shoe collection

[​IMG]

I am a big fan of suede boots and have been drooling over the new C&J Eskdale 2. I visited their store to see and try them on, but the Skye 3 caught my eye. The Skye 4 (suede) had been on my radar previously but now discontinued but in Chestnut leather they looked so good now I cant decide which to buy. I took some pictures to think it over but still cant decide. They will be worn with jeans mainly and chinos.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Appreciate any advice.

2. megabiscoito

megabiscoito Well-Known Member

For me the 2 are very nice but would go to the chesnut since you already have so many suede models.

3. aquatherm

aquatherm Active Member

I was thinking the same. Thanks for your reply

4. Cleav

Cleav Stylish Dinosaur Dubiously Honored Moderator

5. isealbz

isealbz Member

I would go with the chestnut boots for three reasons:
    1. They look awesome.
    2. As megabiscoito pointed out, you already have a number of shoes in suede. The chestnut boots will diversify your collection.
    3. You won't have to worry as much about getting them wet.

6. aquatherm

aquatherm Active Member

Isealbz, I agree with your first two points so I was already half decided on the Skye.

I'm not that worried about getting suede shoes wet, I wear the lighter pairs in light rain and the darker (and cheaper) Pimlicos in heavy rain and they seem fine to me after a quick brush

7. Anachronist

Anachronist Senior Member

Full support for the chestnut as well... they look gorgeous and I second the other opinions on shoe closet diversification... a man just can't have enough different shoes... let the race against our wives and girlfriends begin for who has the bigger collection :D

8. stylish_raven

stylish_raven Senior Member

9. aquatherm

aquatherm Active Member

I took so long to decide and now the price has gone up on all C&J shoes :mad:

10. ValidusLA

ValidusLA Member

Aqua -
    1) love the chestnut
    2) Can I ask you - I have recently grown dissatisfied w/ changes to AE and am thinking of moving over to C+J or Alden. C+J doesn't have a store near me, but I occasionally go to NY for business so could stop there. How true to size do you find most C+J, and how much difference between different lasts do you find?

Thanks!