• We are thrilled to welcome Capra Leather to the Styleforum family of official Affiliate Vendors.They are a hand crafted, made to order leather goods family company. Their products have unique designs with a aesthetic that blend minimalism, tradition and functionality. Focused on sustainability they offer a lifetime warranty on every piece.

Give Capra a warm welcome on their Official Affiliate Thread

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Which country stocks most brands in a single location!

papercut

Reaction score
Hey guys, I've been having much difficulties finding a decent fitting shoes for my flat feet; most brick-and-mortar shops stock only regular fitting shoes.

Question!
  • Which country should one go, to try on as many brands/lasts/widths?
I'm thinking Japan might be a good option - Asian feet is wider at the ball and narrower at the heel.
The problem that I have.

Regular fitting shoes fit snug, i.e. toes have no space to wriggle at all. Due to the nature of my flat fleet, the joint between the ball of foot and pinky toe juts out after walking for a bit and that causes much pain.

Every single store/shop claims that the shoes will stretch to fit, and yes it does. However, they expand only when you wear it. It reverts to its natural size when you don't wear it.

I'd like to purchase shoes where it fits right out of the box and not wait for it to break-in.

So far, Cheaney F width (tried in-store) fits me the best, have not tried G width but it should be better.

I've also just discovered unlined loafers (Alden suede LHS and C&J's Harvard)!
It relieves some of the pain but still a pain to purchase as loafers are extremely rare in wide widths.

Looking forward to hear from everyone!

coolarrow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The republic of Manhattan.

Ich_Dien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Surely asking which city is easier? Obviously London, Paris, Milan, New York etc. etc.

Jermyn Street in London alone had, as far as I remember, seven different shoemakers on there when I was in London a month or so ago.

Last edited:

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Vienna has many, particularly high end and bespoke retailers.

Joe_Faire

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I can vouch for Japan, but I'd personally recommend Hong Kong. Sizing in Japan may be an issue - so although you may find the right pair with the perfect wide width, sizing may be limited. Hope this helps!

gmehra

Reaction score
Isetan (a department store) in Japan has an amazing selection of classic mens shoes

Joe_Faire

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Well yes then you'd most likely find yourself at the heart of Shinjuku. would still say it's a coin toss between HK and JPN.
Isetan (a department store) in Japan has an amazing selection of classic mens shoes

Featured Sponsor

What do you normally wear on Mondays at work?

• Suit, shirt, and tie

• Suit and shirt, no tie

• Dress shirt and trousers, jacket or sport coat, tie

• Dress shirt and trousers, jacket or sport coat, no tie

• Dress shirt and trousers, no tie or jacket

• Casual trousers and shirt (polo, t-shirt, etc.)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jizunige