• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Which Cordovan boot? Help me decide.

blackplatano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Alright, so I want some Cordovan boots and the Indy and plaza wingtips from leathersoul should be coming out later on this year. Since Vass is not making any cordo boots, I guess these two are my best options. Which is a better buy? shell Indy or Plaza Wingtip?

indy3.jpg

wing8.jpg

robertorex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i would go for the plaza

CTGuy

Made Guy
Reaction score
I kind of like the plaza better by a hair.

erdawe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
TBH I see the Indy's style and heft gelling with what you've posted in the past better...
However, if the wingtips are calling you out, I'd be more than happy for you to call me out/prove me wrong in a future fit.
smile.gif

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why would you not get the wingtips? If you had any semblance of taste the only reason you'd even look twice at the Indys is because of SF groupthink.

XenoX101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This post reminded me of how gorgeous alden boots are, something about the shape, quality of leather and those perfect laces, lovely.

I'd go for the wingtip, more delicate, less harsh details (less contrast on the shoelaces (though that may just be the lighting in the photos), sans the chunky stitching on the toe box, less strong indents on the sides)

nyc_gaucho

Reaction score
in cordovan, there's no question that the wingtips are the way to go...i have a moral aversion to spending $600 for a pair boots...but those plazas are pretty much the only pair that make me think twice about that stance

nyc_gaucho

Reaction score
^i can see why you'd feel that way...that's why i like the sf boot even better...

sf1.jpg

A Harris

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by why
Why would you not get the wingtips? If you had any semblance of taste the only reason you'd even look twice at the Indys is because of SF groupthink.

rolleyes.gif

Like them or not, the Indy's have their own distinct look. The Plaza's on the other hand just look like wingtips with an extra bit around the ankles. They're pretty but I've never really seen the point.

Brian SD

Reaction score
Indys look good but Im not digging the wingtips, personally.

porcelain monkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I voted wingtips by a nose, but I think it could also depend on what you are wearing them with.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads