• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Which Color?

Essential

Reaction score
http://www.jcrew.com/browse/single_...2028624&nav_type=SALESITE&bmUID=1334180702154

I'm mainly planning to use it when I go to college next year.

Charcoal seems to be the best color for it but I'm not sure if it's versatile. I'm planning on wearing it with khaki colored chinos and http://collaredtimes.files.wordpress...afer.jpg?w=900 or http://media.onsugar.com/files/2011/...03/image_7.jpg as shoes. Would charcoal work with these?

And is it even a good deal at all (regarding quality)? It's on sale for $55 and quite a steal I must say.

I know that this may seem like horrible quality to the people of SF but I just need help in picking a color :)

EDIT: CHOSE CHARCOAL. IF YOU WANT TO GET IN ON THE DEAL, USE CODE SHOPNOW TO GET IT FOR $55

Last edited:

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Charcoal or blue are both good bets. If you're going to get a pea coat as well then definitely get charcoal for this

Essential

Reaction score
Yea I have a hard time deciding between navy and charcoal.

I posted this on the Trad forum and everyone said charcoal too. I'll wait to hear a few more decisions before pulling the trigger.

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My preference would be navy. I find it much easier to work a navy coat into my wardrobe -- especially with khaki colored trousers -- than I do one in charcoal. As for the shoes you plan to wear with it, go with the loafers as boat/deck shoes are not cold weather shoes. They really don't belong with such a coat.

Last edited:

Essential

Reaction score
True. I'll probably wear it with my loafers then. I think I might just get navy because charcoal, as a color, is over represented in jackets. Decisions decisions.

Do you guys think $55 is a good price point?

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

If you can get this coat for $55, that's a good price.

BTW I like the quilted lining.

Last edited:

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score

True. I'll probably wear it with my loafers then. I think I might just get navy because charcoal, as a color, is over represented in jackets. Decisions decisions.

damn good price. id kop.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

$55 is an excellent price and I agree with those above that said you should do navy. It's a nice jacket and one I almost bought in the past myself.

jamesny

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I agree with navy. But I think I own half of my coats in navy. It's a versatile color is what it is.

Essential

Reaction score
NOOOO navy is bought out; too much procrastinating.

Guess I'm going for charcoal.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
For $55 I would get it in that color too. Both would work well.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads