• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Zentg

Reaction score
i ordered some GATs yesterday but the seller refunded my money cus he doesn't ship to US. decided to get a pair of stan smiths.

from what i can tell with my online searching the green/white one is the most popular....which one do you guys 'approve' of? lol

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
"Approve"?
Get whichever one you want. Both are fine. Surely you don't need random inter-web people to advise you on whether green or blue trim is SF "approved."

Zentg

Reaction score
"Approve"?
Get whichever one you want. Both are fine. Surely you don't need random inter-web people to advise you on whether green or blue trim is SF "approved."
A lot of other things I thought looked nice people here practically puked when they saw it, so just checking lol.

I am usually not a fan of green at all, but I really like them in this model. :)

Last edited:

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

A lot of other things I thought looked nice people here practically puked when they saw it, so just checking lol.

I am usually not a fan of green at all, but I really like them in this model. :)

So get them. I have had the green in the past.

Zentg

Reaction score
WHOA! I was doing some reading and it looks like our beloved Stan Smith just died about 2 weeks ago.

RIP Mr. Smith, I just learned about you yesterday - but will wear your shoes with honor.

Reading a lot about the shoes too, and even though they don't look fancy or anything, it looks like they are made really good quality and are super comfortable. Can't wait til mine come!

Last edited:

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Stan is the man. Didn't know he passed away. He was probably amused at the recent hype.

I've worn Stans for over 20 years and currently have about 8 pairs in rotation. 2 green, the rest are navy or white which imo is a little easier to integrate into my wardrobe of mostly blue/gray/black/tan. But green will always be the iconic version as it reads "tennis" right away.

fwiw when they reintroduced them in 2014, after being "discontinued", Adidas raised the price and the leather/construction got cheaper. I think they're made in India now. so, not the best quality, but the design is still #1 in my book.

Last edited:

Zentg

Reaction score
Stan is the man. Didn't know he passed away. He was probably amused at the recent hype.

I've worn Stans for over 20 years and currently have about 8 pairs in rotation. 2 green, the rest are navy or white which imo is a little easier to integrate into my wardrobe of mostly blue/gray/black/tan. But green will always be the iconic version as it reads "tennis" right away.

fwiw when they reintroduced them in 2014, after being "discontinued", Adidas raised the price and the leather/construction got cheaper. I think they're made in India now. so, not the best quality, but the design is still #1 in my book.
right on, yeah when i first heard "stan smith" - i thought about this guy lol

but i agree, the more i look at the shoes online, the more i like them.

Last edited:

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
Anybody know if / where you can get monochrome white ones? I've seen white and red, white and green, white and navy, and monochrome black, but no monochrome white since the re-launch.

jmaudi0

Reaction score
Anybody know if / where you can get monochrome white ones? I've seen white and red, white and green, white and navy, and monochrome black, but no monochrome white since the re-launch.
you do a mi-adidas customized all white (or w/e they call it)

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score

you do a mi-adidas customized all white (or w/e they call it)

Yeah, I saw that option. Seems kinda lame that they cost more and don't get marked down when it used to be a standard colorway.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

WHOA! I was doing some reading and it looks like our beloved Stan Smith just died about 2 weeks ago. 

RIP Mr. Smith, I just learned about you yesterday -  but will wear your shoes with honor.

Reading a lot about the shoes too, and even though they don't look fancy or anything, it looks like they are made really good quality and are super comfortable. Can't wait til mine come!

According to the interwebz, Stan Smith is very much alive.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stan_Smith

jmaudi0

Reaction score
Yeah, I saw that option. Seems kinda lame that they cost more and don't get marked down when it used to be a standard colorway.
agreed.

i'm going with a pair of canvas vans as my summer beaters this year. haven't had a pair for a loooooong time.

rms340

Reaction score
I recently got some Stan's in the white/blue. I wear the hell out of them. My gf bought a pair of the white/green, and I think the blue compliments a monochrome look. I saw a pair of grey suede ones that I'm starting to really like. Not sure if I should pull the trigger or not.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads