• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Which color is the C&J chestnut?

Xiaogou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This one from: http://www.styleforum.net/showpost.p...postcount=2888

Finsbury3.jpg

or this one:

cjwestbourne1do9ta3.jpg

Here is one from the C&J catalog that plal has:

cfinsbt.jpg

I hope it is ^ the one above and not the 1st picture.

scnupe7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think it is #2 and #3. Not #1.

slt

Reaction score
Definitely #2 and #3

If I remember correctly, the Finsbury used to be available in tan, and I'm pretty sure that's what #1 is.

sf_esq

Reaction score
Looks virtually identical to "beechnut" in the photos. Would love to see a side by side shot of beechnut, chestmut and dark brown burnished, they all look pretty close.

apropos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sf_esq
Looks virtually identical to "beechnut" in the photos. Would love to see a side by side shot of beechnut, chestmut and dark brown burnished, they all look pretty close.
Chestnut has a reddish hue to it - not at all similar to dark brown. Beechnut is the darkest of the lot, and is very close to dark brown.

Smahatma

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sf_esq
somewhere in the shoe Appreciation thread there is a picture of beechnut hallam's next to dark brown lowndes....they are extremely close in color

Xiaogou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all of the help. Just wanted to make sure before I ordered.

Philip1978

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
2 3 1

Xiaogou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
TKDKid;1822516 said:
That's my picture! (And not a very good one at that.)

This is a more accurate reflection of C&J's chestnut vs C&J's dark brown:
QUOTE]

Thanks for posting that. Most helpful
thumbs-up.gif

sf_esq

Reaction score
Originally Posted by TKDKid
That's my picture! (And not a very good one at that.)

This is a more accurate reflection of C&J's chestnut vs C&J's dark brown:

Chestnut looks different in that photo than in the larger photo above it (with the single pair of chestnut Westbournes). A good contrast with the dark brown though. Thanks.

sf_esq

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Smahatma
somewhere in the shoe Appreciation thread there is a picture of beechnut hallam's next to dark brown lowndes....they are extremely close in color

You're right. That is what I was contemplating when I commented on how close Beechnut and Dark Brown are.

Acipenser

Reaction score
Hello all,

I also would like to stress that the color of the shoes are very influenced by the monitor you use. On two different screens there is a noticable difference.

I just bought the connaughts in chestnut and I guess they will arive soon. If they look like they do on TKDKid's pictures I would be really happy. On some internetpictures tthe intensity of the red hue is quite high, which would not be what I am after. Anyway i decided to give it a shot
smile.gif

I am interested in with what color trousers they fit. Especially i would like to know whether you guys think they can be mixed with medium to light grey trousers. What do you think?

just thoughts

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Acipenser
Hello all,

I also would like to stress that the color of the shoes are very influenced by the monitor you use. On two different screens there is a noticable difference.

I just bought the connaughts in chestnut and I guess they will arive soon. If they look like they do on TKDKid's pictures I would be really happy. On some internetpictures tthe intensity of the red hue is quite high, which would not be what I am after. Anyway i decided to give it a shot
smile.gif

I am interested in with what color trousers they fit. Especially i would like to know whether you guys think they can be mixed with medium to light grey trousers. What do you think?

I say go for it - with the light and med grey trousers. I really like these combos together (and I wear the light grey and chestnut often now), provided that the wearer "warms" up the shirt and/or tie.

Oh yeah, and it still fits the "rule" that your shoes should be darker than your trousers, if that helps.

Acipenser

Reaction score
Originally Posted by just thoughts
I say go for it - with the light and med grey trousers. I really like these combos together (and I wear the light grey and chestnut often now), provided that the wearer "warms" up the shirt and/or tie.

Oh yeah, and it still fits the "rule" that your shoes should be darker than your trousers, if that helps.

A good suggestion. I can imagine that it could look quite good with some red hues seen back in the shirt or tie. That could be the trick.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads