Which Chicagoland Norstrom's Rack?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by jmatt, Aug 2, 2006.

1. jmatt

jmatt Senior member

Should I just stay downtown, or is a trip to either Schaumburg or Northbrook, or Oakbrook worth my time?

2. VMan

VMan Senior member

The one on State St. is very hit or miss.

I haven't really found much in the way of suits or sport coats, the nicest labels seem to be Zegna/Z Zegna.

As far as shirts and ties - same story. Lots and lots of Jhane Barnes, Abboud, etc.

Denim - decent, if you're looking for something like that. Nothing very high-end, lots of mixed trendier washed jeans.

Shoes - this is where you may have some success. I've come across Testoni, Allen Edmonds, etc. But, of course, lots of filler.

3. twin8885

twin8885 Senior member

the one in oakbrook isn't worth the drive and there is not one in northbrook. I would go to the bloomingdales on Michigan

4. jmatt

jmatt Senior member

the one in oakbrook isn't worth the drive and there is not one in northbrook. I would go to the bloomingdales on Michigan
    Curious. The Norstrom's website lists one at 199 Skokie Blvd, Northbrook, IL

5. aspriel

aspriel Senior member

Versace - For the denim brands, are you talking "trendier" like 7FAM/COH/Diesel?

6. VMan

VMan Senior member

Versace - For the denim brands, are you talking "trendier" like 7FAM/COH/Diesel?

In the past two years I've found good deals on PDC, Da'mage, and Earnest Sewn. At this time I've also seen Sevens, Chip & Pepper, Blue Cult, etc...along those lines.

When I was there two weeks ago, they seemed to have a lot of Penguin, Ben Sherman, and Mavi denim. Nothing even as 'good' as Seven.

Though, I'm sure it really changes each time they get new stock.

7. saint

saint Senior member

There is one in Northbrook, just off the Eden's and south of LakeCook Rd.

8. rssmsvc

rssmsvc Senior member

Schaumburg , Oakbrook are worthless. Same for the Off 5th and the filene's in Woodfield is junk too.