• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Which charity would you guys recommend and why?

airborne

Reaction score
Getting older I feel I need to donate more of my time and money
smile.gif
to charity. But which one?

A strictly local charity would not work for me: Work forces me to travel a lot. Plus I also do move like every two years.

vitaminc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
or you could just paypal me the money. oh, and yardworks welcomed.

Steve Smith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Human Fund.

Aperipan

Reaction score
Originally Posted by airborne
Getting older I feel I need to donate more of my time and money
smile.gif
to charity. But which one? A strictly local charity would not work for me: Work forces me to travel a lot. Plus I also do move like every two years.

just get an extra coat next time you're in H. Poole on your travels.

Stu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You should check their expense/admin ratio before you donate. The Red Cross has a very high expense ratio, last time I checked. The one nonprofit I worked at promised to donors that 95% of every dollar went to programs and not to administration. They could do that because they got a grant to cover salaries and admin expenses. That's phenomenal, but not common. Make sure you find a place that keeps it at 20 percent or less.

Eagle

Reaction score
You might consider donating to the local food pantries...time, money, actual food items...they appreciate donations in all forms. There are a shocking number of hungry people out there...could you do any better than providing a hungry person with a good meal?
eh.gif

airborne

Reaction score
Thanks Stu - that's a good tip.

Eagle, that's something I do with my kids every month
smile.gif

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
make-a-wish. smile train. american cancer society.

Agnacious

Reaction score
I have been thinking about this one:

http://www.donorschoose.org

I saw it on usa channel I think. I think education plays an important role in society and I do not believe public education ( I think this is public only) is delivering on that goal. Regardless of whether that is the problem of bureaucracy or the individual, I appluad the effort made by the front line to increase the quality of the education through innovative ideas.

Xiaogou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I tutor at the Boys & Girls Club here in town. I feel it is worth it. Having a positive impact on a kids life is always a good thing. My wife and I help out at 2 local animal shelters as well.

hienergyrk

Reaction score
http://www.songsoflove.org

a legit charity that will use one hundred percent of your donation towards their cause which is to help children and young adults go through terrible illnesses, cancer, or cancer treatment. Watch the video on the website, they were featured on 60 minutes. Great story and cause.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads