Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Which brand of clothing do you personally hate the most with a passion?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by CrazyJew, Feb 24, 2011.

1. RegisDB9

RegisDB9 Rico Suave

the brand / pocket stitching is atrocious, the jeans are fine

Agreed. The only thing I hate about them is that the stitches HAVE to be orange

2. AR_Six

AR_Six "Sookie!"

Agreed. The only thing I hate about them is that the stitches HAVE to be orange
    There are tons of Nudie jeans with non-orange stitching. Probably the majority of them have stitching in a colour other than orange.

3. RegisDB9

RegisDB9 Rico Suave

There are tons of Nudie jeans with non-orange stitching. Probably the majority of them have stitching in a colour other than orange.

Yeah but the dry raw GT that I got only came in that orange shit. I have not had any luck finding GT without the orange stitching

4. notwithit

notwithit Pullup laureate

1. Purchase seam ripper.
    2. Sit down with seam ripper in one hand and Nudies in the other.
    3. ???
    4. Profit!

(I left the stitching on mine, at least for the time being, but that may change.)

Also, having just caught up on WAYWYT...

Effing New Balances!!!1!![​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

5. mehhhh

mehhhh Senior member

I mean, obnoxious colored leggings going into saddle-shoe/ankle-boot combos, skirts that poof out like you're at a freaking quinceañera, followed up by the typical crap cardigan. Note - insert cheap-looking fake flowers somewhere, either in the hair or attached to the cardigan itself.

Was sleeping with a cute girl several months ago who confessed to absolutely loving Anthro and went on and on and on about it. Saw her at a bar Saturday night wearing the exact outfit you just described, including giant hair flower. Lol'd when I read this. She had hairy feet.

6. CrazyJew

CrazyJew Senior member

This isn't a "brand" at all but I hate ostentatious status branding, e.g. Gucci stripe/monogram, Chanel logos, LV monogram etc. All of these brands make good stuff but this shit drags them down; unfortunately, it's what people want.

It's even more sad when you get to call out people you work with on wearing fake ostentatious status branding bullshit and seeing their damage control.

"hey look, you're wearing a gucci belt. that's not real, right?"

".... I gotta go, I'll text you later"

pwned

7. pronxs

pronxs Senior member

a feat no one has mentioned jcrew.

8. twenty-three

twenty-three Member

Yeah but the dry raw GT that I got only came in that orange shit. I have not had any luck finding GT without the orange stitching
    the back pocket stitching doesnt bother me at all. i guess im lucky lol. love nudie grim tim dry red selvages. its so perfect cut.

9. Logan

Logan Senior member

I don't like Hollister or A&F, or even American Eagle for that matter. Any of that college boy crap.

10. Makeshift_Robot

Makeshift_Robot Senior member

If there are brands I truly dislike, it's the abundance of mid-tier "meh" brands that just sell basic shirts, pants, without offering anything new or exciting. Stuff like Michael Bastian, Tim Hamilton, and a shit ton of others I can't even be bothered to name. Nothing distinctive or appealing.

This is for real. See all those guys on Gilt, being all, "we'll make some chinos, and some light blue oxfords" with no interest in being particularly good at it or doing anything new.

People hate on D&G but honestly they are pretty good at what they do.

Not "hate" per se but I still don't really understand Thom Browne mainline.

11. mikecch

mikecch Senior member

12. flyguy7

flyguy7 Senior member

are you an idiot?

well to be fair I'm not buying any of that crap at retail, but I know a few who do and 'I want to fit in'

13. chiamdream

chiamdream Senior member

Not so much "hate" as "don't understand," but...Psycho Bunny? People complain about RL/Lacoste-type logos, but compared to a cartoon rabbit Jolly Rodger, they're masterpieces of understatement. It wouldn't be that surprising if they didn't pop up in strangely prestigious places, like Leffot or Gilt. What could go better with your bespoke Edward Greens than a hideous purple scarf?

14. aphextwin07

aphextwin07 Senior member

North Face, because I don't understand the appeal of wanting to look like EVERY single person you encounter in public... it's like a mass assimilation of drones off a factory production line, I swear at least 6 out of every 10 people I see on my daily commute have that awful, gawdy logo plastered somewhere on their outfit.

15. lmaozedong

lmaozedong Senior member

North Face, because I don't understand the appeal of wanting to look like EVERY single person you encounter in public... it's like a mass assimilation of drones off a factory production line, I swear at least 6 out of every 10 people I see on my daily commute have that awful, gawdy logo plastered somewhere on their outfit.

they're functional.