• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Which brand for polo shirts?

Big Pun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
RL sucks because the stupid long tail. And if you say "I tuck it to dress it up" STFU It's not less casual than a tee.

cadillac37

Reaction score
I generally stick with Lacoste. However, I did buy the Sunspel 007 and it is fantastic. If you are in good shape, the Sunspel really emphasizes that.

charlie bond

Reaction score
paul stuart and smedley in sea island cotton, these are great if you are in shape. if you are packing extra lbs, they won't look good on you.

H2T

Reaction score
Fully agree with John Smedley polos. Pricey and requires delicate care. Nevertheless the "Edward Green" of polo shirts IMHO. Go for the fitted version than regular loose fit. Pullovers and jumpers are excellent quality as well. They manufacture for Paul Smith.

They were having a sale in their on line store recently....

Calaban

Reaction score
Originally Posted by DeCaloFashion1
Brooks Brothers Golden Fleece fit me the best.

+1 on the Brooks Brothers, Once I started wearing them I threw out all my RL, GAP, Banana Republic Polos.

Also EVERYONE you see seems to be wearing RL Polo's. Now with the "Big Pony" Polo's I think they look silly.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CYstyle
Rlpl
slim fit BB golden fleece

will try out the loro piana, and the 007 ones
biggrin.gif

+1 on the slim fit BB golden fleece. Pretty much all the polo shirts I wear are slim fit BB.

laphroaig

Reaction score
Originally Posted by stylesmurf
So today I saw a few people wearing polos and they all had very curled collars (curling upwards). Is this the fate of all polo shirts? It looked pretty gross.
I dont know if all do it but it's the main reason I don't wear polo shirts. That and I don' like the way polos look tucked in or untucked so I avoid them. If I had to, only while playing sport.

Big Pun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by stylesmurf
So today I saw a few people wearing polos and they all had very curled collars (curling upwards). Is this the fate of all polo shirts? It looked pretty gross.
Cheaper quality ones will do this. BTW I'm still going to say Fred Perry makes the best polos around.

Ziss

Reaction score
I'm sure there was a thread about the awesomeness of J Lindeberg polos here a while ago, but I can't find it.

modern_leifeng

Reaction score
Polo Custom Fit and Fred Perry, though I really love the Uniqlo Haring polos (with the crossed fingers "logo") that I got for $10 last year, kind of wish I would have gotten more than just the 2 colors I picked up.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads