Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Which brand do you find the most annoying?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by SirGrotius, Feb 10, 2011.

1. Another New Yorker

Another New Yorker Senior member

+1 on the Hugo Boss.

While I generally realize that its kind of unfair and shortsighted to hold a company accountable today for the actions of its owners in the past, I just can't possibly see myself buying Boss, once I learned that the actual Hugo Boss was a straight up, dyed in the wool, card carrying Nazi who used POW slave labor to work in his factories producing uniforms for the SS. Yeah, won't be buying any Boss. Thanks.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hugo_Boss#History

Also, affliction and ed hardy, just because they suck and are ugly.

Do you hate it, teh mitsbushi, porsche, mercedes, ikea, ferrari..I am a fan of the BMW Panzer IV. I think it had terrific details, and it was most durable.

2. SuitedNBooted

SuitedNBooted Well-Known Member

^ And let's face it, those SS uniforms were pretty snazzy...

3. gateslion

gateslion Well-Known Member

Hollister. Fucking shit do I HATE hollister.

4. gateslion

gateslion Well-Known Member

You are honestly citing war affiliations from three generations ago as a reason for not buying a suit. Wow. I really cannot think of a worse reason.

Then again, how many companies have a link on thier page the the "company history" or the "brand X story"? A TON of companies use their history, background, lineage and tradition as a selling point or advertising angle. So, when its something positive, then its a valid selling point, but when its a negative, in the form of "uniform maker to the Nazis since 19xx" all the sudden its ridiculous to even notice?

5. gio3969

gio3969 Well-Known Member

Then again, how many companies have a link on thier page the the "company history" or the "brand X story"? A TON of companies use their history, background, lineage and tradition as a selling point or advertising angle. So, when its something positive, then its a valid selling point, but when its a negative, in the form of "uniform maker to the Nazis since 19xx" all the sudden its ridiculous to even notice?

If your decision in purchasing items is swayed by the ridiculous marketing campaigns celebrating longevity in business rather than the current quality of wares, I suppose you purchase what you deserve in the end. I, for one, had hoped that the readers of this site were smart enough to separate marketing from the true reason to buy something, namely, quality.

6. gio3969

gio3969 Well-Known Member

And as a side note, regardless of their atrocities, those Nazi uniforms looked sharp.

7. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

Ed Hardy

Worst brand ever

8. Hermes Simplex

Hermes Simplex Member

Fake European stuff that is made in you-know-where...
    Fake you-know-where stuff that is made in Europe!

9. bigbjorn

bigbjorn Senior member

10. Arsenal

Arsenal Well-Known Member

Audi (especially with small engines)
    [​IMG] I can understand not liking certain people that drive Audis (typically the same people that drive BMWs), however to not like the brand itself is peculiar to me. Audis have, since the early 1990s, been the class leader in interior design and ergonomics. They have a tradition that is built on motorsport (and utter domination at that) and their flagship car is born from Le Mans. I'm not a huge fan of the A3 (I'll take a GTI), but the A4-8 are excellent cars, and the S4,5,etc. are worth the increase in price. Also, quattro is still arguably the best AWD system in the world, though I think the haldex systems of today are just now starting to catch up to the greatness of the TorSen/mechanical systems of years past. Anyway, I like cars. I especially like brands that have a heritage in racing/performance. You are entitled to your opinion of course! [​IMG]

11. gwolf

gwolf Senior member

big +1 on bono

12. ALFAMALE

ALFAMALE Senior member

BIJAN

13. Klobber

Klobber Senior member

New annoying brand for me is Hermes. Just looked at a belt buckle for $1200, it was crazy. It was an "H" made from semi precious metal, and then gold plated. Probable value as scrap metal = no more than $60 (almost worthless shit if one removed the Hermes hallmark). I then realized I had a belt buckle made for my wife by a jeweler, it was her initial and was solid 14 Carat white gold - Paid only $1100 for it, and value of metal far exceeds Hermes.

14. Hermes Simplex

Hermes Simplex Member

BIJAN
    Love da bran(d). Hate da man.

15. iyorito

iyorito Senior member

ZILLI
    Battaglia, Beverly Hills
    Bijan, Beverly Hills
    Stefano Ricci
    Brioni to a certain extent

uf, how awful

oh my God I cannot stop
    Damiani
    Bulgari (used to love it when the only US shop was at the Pierre)
    Donna Karan