• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Which boot do you prefer?

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
I'm looking for an inexpensive black chelsea boot....found these 2 that fit the bill Both are Cole Haan...top one is from "Collection" line so it's the upper tier of CH. The lower boot is from the normal CH line. Top boot is $20 more. Opinions on which you'd prefer? Worn with slim jeans of course.
colehaanzq9.jpg

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
I'm looking for an inexpensive black chelsea boot....found these 2 that fit the bill

Both are Cole Haan...top one is from "Collection" line so it's the upper tier of CH. The lower boot is from the normal CH line.

Top boot is $20 more.

Opinions on which you'd prefer? Worn with slim jeans of course.

colehaanzq9.jpg

Personally I like the bottom one, not so fond of the contrast stitching.

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd say the first one (the second's more classic, and if you want that, you can do better than Cole Haan), though I'm admittedly not hugely fond of either. What's the price on these? I've rarely seen Cole Haan that looked like a good deal.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by VersaceMan
For an opposing viewpoint, I really like the top one and it's contrast stiching.
Me too. Not too shabby, though I wonder how they will look after some wear.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Both under $100...top one about $76, bottom one $56

I'm slightly leaning towards the top one, but I like the chunkier toe on the bottom one too. Both have a pebblegrain-ish leather texture that I like.

countchocula8

Reaction score
I like the top one more, mostly because I don't like the chunky toe of the bottom one.

digital_denim

Big Lose
Reaction score
Buy both! They're different enough to give a different look to your outfits. Heck ~130 for both?

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bottom one.

gamelan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
top. then again, just not a fan of boots with that side elastic gore.

-Jeff

Wade M

Reaction score
Originally Posted by gamelan
top. then again, just not a fan of boots with that side elastic gore.

-Jeff

Top for the same reasons...Love the zipper, hate the side elastic look.

--Wade

familyman

Reaction score
Top one, also not a fan of side elastic and really don't like the proportions of the toe and the rest of the boot in the second one. Dig the contrast stitching.

xerxes1358

Reaction score
Hi the bottom one looks definitly more classy. I like it better. You should give more information on how they are constructed. For example do they have both the same inner and outer leather quality. What material is the sole of the boots. By the way I am also in the process of buying two boots. I have been searching this forum over and over and I hear good things about RM Williams. Did you see the boots here: http://www.bootsonline.com.au/default1.htm These look also very nice. Can you also post the link to the store you are going to guy those boots from? xerxes

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads