• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Which BoO Boat Shoe?

JesseJB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tonio028
^ Or you can try sticking a band aid on the inside heel of the shoe to give some padding. Otherwise, you need to just tough it out.

I wonder if I should just tough it out and not baby it. Maybe eventually it'll callus up and be less vulnerable to injury...

awxg

Reaction score
I wonder who would vote for white.
confused.gif

CTGuy

Made Guy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by robbie
FWIW.

I see a ton of beater blue sperrys in thrift shops. One could easily replicate those with a little paint/safety pins for like 20$.

Ditto. Nothing special about either of those. Get some authentic sperry's from west marine.

clarity

Reaction score
Originally Posted by tonio028
^ Or you can try sticking a band aid on the inside heel of the shoe to give some padding. Otherwise, you need to just tough it out.
Well I can't speak for JesseJB but for me my foot sat too deep into the shoe and it didn't matter. Toughing it out would have been the most marsupialed idea ever because after one day it had worn through my skin completely on both heels. I tried band-aids the next day on the shoe and on me, nope they didn't stay put after 30m and they stay moist from sweat. I run daily, my feet are already calloused...I don't need to inflict pointless injury for a pair of shoes I wear at best once a week. The little insole inside the shoe (underneath the one that came w/ the shoes) has made me forget there was ever a problem.

Slewfoot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just grabbed these the other day when I was at the LL Bean store in Freeport, ME. Nice and classic. I think I will need an insole for them though since I have narrow feet and they're shifting around a bit.

LL_Bean_Boat_Shoe.jpg

freelance robotics

Reaction score
BoO could do a collab with Hanes and some people would be tripping over their boat shoes to pay $200 for a made-in-china t-shirt

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by clarity
Well I can't speak for JesseJB but for me my foot sat too deep into the shoe and it didn't matter. Toughing it out would have been the most marsupialed idea ever because after one day it had worn through my skin completely on both heels. I tried band-aids the next day on the shoe and on me, nope they didn't stay put after 30m and they stay moist from sweat. I run daily, my feet are already calloused...I don't need to inflict pointless injury for a pair of shoes I wear at best once a week. The little insole inside the shoe (underneath the one that came w/ the shoes) has made me forget there was ever a problem.

Sounds like the insole was a success for you then and congrats. I just know that if trying some of these remedies didn't work and I were to still encounter this issue for shoes I would only wear "at best once a week", then I might try to look for another shoe and save myself the frustration as opposed to force myself to utilize a shoe I wouldn't be comfortable in. Pretty easy decision for me. I can't speak for anyone else of course.

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I was suppose to get the shoes and they never shipped
frown.gif

garmis

Reaction score
Originally Posted by blackdarkeye
the best ones

I too have these--far and away my favorite shoes. They stand out from the crowd of brown topsiders.

Spencer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mauro
I was suppose to get the shoes and they never shipped
frown.gif

That's too bad. They are pretty cool, and clearly the none boat shoe haters seem to like the blue ones.

JesseJB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by clarity

I'm going to wear them around tonight with a blister bandaid and see if that helps. If not, I will see if those little heel pads would work. I would use those gel sole things but I travel a lot and you can't take them through security!
blush.gif

Spencer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For what it's worth, I picked up the Blue Boat shoes in an 11 today and love'em!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads