• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Which boat shoe: Quoddy or Oak Street?

kolecho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have narrowed my boat shoes options to Quoddy and Oak Street Bootmaker. They both use Horween Chromexcel.

Is there any pro and con to these two models? How are they fit-wise and construction-wise?

Many thanks in advance.

Quoddy
QuoddyBoatShoe2.jpg

Oak Street Bootmaker
OakStreetboat-brown_1.jpg

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
quoddy's is unique because they use a 3 eyelet but the oak street will be constructed better and with his insole design you wont be replacing the insole every six months like you would with the quoddy.

they both use similar if not the same leather/sole but the back of the shoe will be a little different on both. the oak street will be a little better constructed as well. if it were me, oak street by FAR.

lemmywinks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you're choosing between those 2 models I like the Quoddy.

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
before oak street came around, it was all hands down quoddy on this forum. now oak street has the hearts of all the SF fan boys. i have quoddys and never handled an oak street, but its my next buy once my quoddys die.

quoddys have had a bunch of quality control issues since they became really popular in recent years, prices have increased as well as time to make them ... so as of now, all signs point to oak street. their quality has seem to have exceeded quoddy

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
between these 2, quoddy.

But really Sperry would do the job.

Chip

Reaction score
both these companies have their own respective threads. this thread should be deleted, dammit.

p.s. go pack

zazaza

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
+ 1000

jesus crispies, mofo's wax poetic about these ***** on a daily basis here.

Originally Posted by Chip
both these companies have their own respective threads. this thread should be deleted, dammit.

p.s. go pack

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads