• Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Which blazer do you like best?

Eli Benson

Reaction score
09376405405-1.jpg

09376405405-2.jpg

GANT - CLASSIC MOLESKIN BLAZER

gant-76146-cashmere-blazer-661232-134094_zoom.jpg

gant-76146-cashmere-blazer-661232-145539.jpg

gant-76146-cashmere-blazer-661232-145538.jpg

gant-76146-cashmere-blazer-661232-134095.jpg

GANT - CASHMERE SINGLE BREASTED JACKET

http://images.jcrew.com/erez4/erez?s...if&tmp=prdDtIm
J. Crew - 2-BUTTON LUDLOW LEGACY BLAZER

So I'm mostly looking for a new navy blazer, and I like these three a lot. The second blazer, which is from gant, I may like the most, however I want to get people's opinions on the elbow patches, but I myself don't mind them. The first blazer also comes in dark brown, which is also appealing, but I just included the navy one as the wild card. I've never really worn anything moleskin before and this has a unique look that i like. And lastly there's the blazer from j. crew, which is also nice. So I just want to get your opinions on these three, and maybe even be pointed in the direction of other blazers similar (or not, mix it up) to these. Thanks.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do you like center vents? I don't, so I would pick the second one, elbow patches or not.

Klobber

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Second blazer. Im also not crazy on single vents for casual blazers.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Second one. (is the first one black or very very dark navy?) Like the color of #2 and the double vents. Of course, if it doesn't have a flattering fit then no it it as well.

Matt S

Reaction score
I prefer the second one since it isn't black. But since it is such a casual jacket I think the single vent of the first is better than the double vents of the second. The cut of the second looks really bad on the model. I don't like either from Gant. The J Crew looks the best overall, though it is much too tight on the model.

Eli Benson

Reaction score
thanks a lot everyone. to answer a few questions, the first one does look black, but it's listed as navy, so it might just be the lighting in the picture. regardless, I like the second one best as well. but just to clarify, do the elbow patches, i guess you could say "ruin" it's look, or no? usually all talk about elbow patches on a jacket aren't good, but it seems to look nice on option #2.

porcelain monkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eli Benson
thanks a lot everyone. to answer a few questions, the first one does look black, but it's listed as navy, so it might just be the lighting in the picture. regardless, I like the second one best as well. but just to clarify, do the elbow patches, i guess you could say "ruin" it's look, or no? usually all talk about elbow patches on a jacket aren't good, but it seems to look nice on option #2.

You may be able to take those patches off. Anyone done this?

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
i second the second.

Kiwi Man

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ter1413
i second the second.

Even though you mentioned that you don't mind elbow patch, well, I do! So, I would have to choose the first one.

If the second one comes without elbow patch, get it!

The third one, I don't want to sound rude and offensive to anybody, so NO COMMENT!

Eli Benson

Reaction score
^ haha yeah it's very hard to imagine yourself in something when you look absolutely nothing like the model. However option #3 is the cheaper version - there's a cashmere one on j crew of the same style that looks much better, but costs about $600

Featured Sponsor

What is the most important handwork to have on a shirt?

• Hand attached collar

Votes: 16 30.2%
  • Handsewn button holes

Votes: 17 32.1%
  • Hand finish on yolk and shoulders

Votes: 20 37.7%

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hello_kr