• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

which barba shirt to choose?

chenzhongbi

Reaction score
Guys,
I desperately need a solid-colored shirt for a coming conference. This occasion is interview-like, thus I want the look to be as conservative/soporific as possible. But alas, both shopthefinest and ehaberdasher have only patterned ones in my size at the moment.
I'm torn between these two.
fight[1].gif
iGents almighty, please help me make a choice.
Which one can pass as a solid-colored shirt? Namely, which is more a "staple"? I have two shirts quite similar to 1 (not suitable for this occasion because of FCs). To avoid repetition in my wardrobe, I'm inclined to choose 2. But is the color too bright for a conservative setting?
BTW, in case it helps, I plan to pair the shirt with a navy tie with white polka dots.
Thanks a lot.
1)
BN11799-1.jpg

BN11799-3.jpg

2)
BN11925-1.jpg

BN11925-3.jpg

Kiwi Man

Reaction score
I like the the second shirt better. This is because I like the color much better and you said yourself that you have already had a shirt that is similar to the first shirt.

Enjoy your nice shirt!

TheTukker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Don't spend too much time on this; they're both nice, so get both!

Klobber

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
eenie meenie miney moe

cbbuff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Agree #1 is a bit more conservative. What color suit? Hopefully a solid.

nyarkies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, #1 is more conservative but I prefer #2 more. I like how these black label barba shirts fit. Very slim but fits me very well without having to alter it.

chenzhongbi

Reaction score
Thanks everyone. I ordered 1) yesterday. Looking forward to it.

Originally Posted by cbbuff
Agree #1 is a bit more conservative. What color suit? Hopefully a solid.
A solid charcoal suit.

Will C.

Reaction score
The second shirt has more a bit of that slight illusion of being a solid, which was one of your questions.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads