• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Which bag should I buy?

Gio-XII

Reaction score
Hi! I'm relatively new in this forum and this is my second post. :)

So, I'll start university this year. Which backpack would you recommend me to use? I'm looking for an elegant, classic and timeless style, preferably made in leather (I don't know which color). Thanks for reading!

I have chosen this ones but I'm not convinced. Feel free to recommend me!

Attachments

• First.jpg
    First.jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 10
  • Second.jpg
    Second.jpg
    150.2 KB · Views: 8
  • Third.jpg
    Third.jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 8
  • Fourth.jpg
    Fourth.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 20
  • Fifth.jpg
    Fifth.jpg
    137.7 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:

Phileas Fogg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They are relatively indistinguishable from one another. Buy whichever one you like.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Don't recommend getting a backpack that can be described as "elegant."

Generally think people should avoid things that are described as elegant, sartorial, dapper, timeless, classic, #menswear, etc.

If you're in college, dress more casually and get a backpack that suits your style. Backpacks look better when they adhere to any aesthetic that's not "elegant."

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
GoRuck...
I have a GR-1 for every day, and a GR-3 for travel. You cannot hurt them.
Throw it off the bell tower, drag it behind your bike, drop it on the floor of the off-campus pub and do a highlander dance on it. It will laugh at you.
Wait until after graduation for the leather chic backpack when you're employed.

johng70

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There is nothing 'timeless' or 'elegant' about a backpack. A leather backpack just looks douchey. The gorucks are a good brand, so are the Tom Bihn ones - I bought my son one for school (brain bag), 4 years later you can't see any damage. The Bhin bags have different color options but the key is having a backpack that is functional, comfortable and high quality materials/work so it will survive your entire time at University.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads