• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Which are the best brands for Leather Belts?

Don Carlos

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by watchcollector2454
i can't say enough good things about equus: http://www.equusleather.co.uk/

Equus belts are fantastic, and I own three of them myself. But I feel the thick bridle leather they use is a bit too rustic for suits. I pair their belts with jeans, odd trousers, and the occasional heavy winter suit.

Would also recommend RLPL belts. Their made in Italy belts are some of the best I've owned. Not sure who makes them. Added plus is that they're offered in colors that are ordinarily hard to find in belts: light tans and mochas, etc. These are the belts I reach for when I need to approximate the hue on my lighter toned shoes.

chasingred

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ralph Lauren
Allen Edmonds
Leather Goods Connection
Equus Leather
Tanner Goods
Tiffanys
Bottega Veneta
Martin Dingman
Fullum and Holt
The Beltman
Johnston and Murphy

Kingstonian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Arrogant Bastard
Equus belts are fantastic, and I own three of them myself. But I feel the thick bridle leather they use is a bit too rustic for suits.

Yes great belts. I also have three. I would not describe the bridle leather as 'rustic' though. It is fine with suits and formal trousers. Sedgewick leather is absolute top quality

http://www.je-sedgwick.co.uk/jes/index/

The belts are great value compared to other offerings.

AldenPyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JeffsWood
I have 6 or 7 AE belts, they are okay, but I find the dye comes off the light brown ones and the look worn very fast.

I have had this same experience. Also the leather is a bit stiff.

I think Dingman are great.

Hannes

Reaction score
Crockett & Jones make beautiful belts.

Makoto Chan

Reaction score
I bought a belt from Narragassett Leather (ordered by phone, but they have a website). I think it's great, and it was only 40 dollars. It was recommended on Putthison.com

Anansi

Reaction score
I have a wallet from Tanner Goods, quality is nice so I am assuming that their belts would just be as nice.

Apollotrader

Reaction score
For a casual belt, or jeans type belts I can find no better than Orion Belts. They are top grain made in the USA. I really like the Show Harness leather. The black ones are fine but they really excel in browns. Prices are quite reasonable too.

http://www.orionleathercompany.com/

The website is ugly but the belts are great.

mauser

Reaction score
Longhi makes great belts. Wish I had more.

msulinski

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had belts from Polo Ralph Lauren (OK, but not great) and Hugo Boss (waste of money)
I now have belts from Allen Edmonds, which are not bad. My favorites are, however, belts from Crockett & Jones as well as a mtm-belt I had made by Kreis http://shop.kreis-ledermanufaktur.de/index.php?id=3&no_cache=1 (website is in German - this might help http://dict.leo.org/)

How well did your Polo belt hold up? I recently bought a Polo belt, so I am curious. Are they corrected-grain leather?

jonessed

Reaction score
Quote:
They actually sell their belts on Amazon now. I picked one up last week and it's definitely a nice piece of leather. A 1.25" English Bridle Leather belt seems like it would work fine as a dress belt as well. They are quite thick (3/16"-1/4") does that knock them out of the dress belt category?

Apollotrader

Reaction score
Practically, they are a bit heavy to wear as a dress belt. You definitely know you are wearing it. Great for jeans and boots.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads