Which AE shoe to buy??

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Ajeagle6921, Jan 22, 2013.

1. Ajeagle6921

Ajeagle6921 Member

Hello,
    I am just starting to purchase quality shoes and today purchased the AE Strand in Walnut and the AE Park Avenue in Black after advice from the forum.

Here is my question/dilemma? After reading more threads and articles than I can count, I still can't tell if AE Walnut Strands go with denim in a business casual/casual setting. I am going to purchase a pair of AE's and can't decide on what to go with?

#1 Can the AE Walnut Strand's I bought today work with denim? I am guessing they will work but not the greatest?

#2 What should be my next purchase for with jeans? A monkstrap? A chukka? If one of these what model recommended. Thank you in advance for the help guys.

2. Ajeagle6921

Ajeagle6921 Member

Also looking at the AE Ashbury, any thoughts?

3. Ajeagle6921

Ajeagle6921 Member

How does the AE Chelsea compare to other brands? Trying to keep cost around $300 or less. The AE description says it has a rubber sole. Here is description.

Allen Edmonds Ashbury Description:
    Exclusively from Allen Edmond's Boot Collection, Ashbury is modeled after a Chelsea style boot, popular in the 1960s. This high quality boot is constructed from a traditional welted process. Made with close attention to detail, you can be sure this durable boot will stay in style. Casual, sophisticated. Ashbury.

Allen Edmonds Ashbury Features:
    • Titan rubber sole
    • Double sided gore
    • Made in USA
    • Recraftable

Are most chelsea boots constructed in a similar way? Thanks.