• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 4: Goodyear welted shoes from Cobbler Union

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 4th auction is for a pair of Goodyear welted Shoes from Cobbler Union. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Whey protein in water -- how long before consuming?

blank

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just set my Zojirushi rice cooker to be ready at 9:30 tomorrow morning with a cup of oats, a handful of frozen berries, a little scoop of vanilla whey protein powder and some water. I can see that the protein has already broken down a bit and I'm sure it will affect the absorption somewhat, but will the resultant oatmeal be safe to eat? How long can whey (or a whey/soy/casein blend) stay in water? Obviously, I'm going to give it a go no matter what

James Bond

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How hot does it get? Whey degrades under heat. I'd probably put everything else in the cooker, then stir in the whey when you get up.

colin_

Reaction score
put the whey in after you cook your oats

Davidko19

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
this whole thing sounds awful. What made you think any of this was a good idea?

1. Why would you have a warm post-workout drink? THat is disgusting.
2. Why would you set it overnight to get soggy?
3. You cant cook whey.

I recommend you put all that shit in a blender with some skim milk and make a cold shake. My favortie recipe is:

Whey (optimum nutrition is a great tasting/value brand. vanilla is good but most chocolate flavors work)
skim milk
3-4 ice cubes
cup of berries
Peanut butter
oatmeal

This is packed with protein and has a pretty good taste....at least until the last few sips when the oatmeal is rested at the bottom with the berry seeds. That is like chugging concrete but its where the good stuff is.

blank

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Davidko19
this whole thing sounds awful. What made you think any of this was a good idea?

1. Why would you have a warm post-workout drink? THat is disgusting.
2. Why would you set it overnight to get soggy?
3. You cant cook whey.

I recommend you put all that shit in a blender with some skim milk and make a cold shake. My favortie recipe is:

Whey (optimum nutrition is a great tasting/value brand. vanilla is good but most chocolate flavors work)
skim milk
3-4 ice cubes
cup of berries
Peanut butter
oatmeal

This is packed with protein and has a pretty good taste....at least until the last few sips when the oatmeal is rested at the bottom with the berry seeds. That is like chugging concrete but its where the good stuff is.

That was my shake for the past few months, except water instead of ice cubes and milk, and no berries.

It wasn't a post-workout drink, it was morning breakfast. Don't worry, I know what I'm doing.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 25 3.3%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 129 17.2%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 241 32.1%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 119 15.8%
  • 31 - 40