• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Where's your diploma?

msza

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
So I'm starting at a new office and am required to display my professional license for mental health practice, which looks like a diploma. I decided to get my grad diploma framed while I was at it (which until now had been at the bottom of a storage box) , and I was looking around for my undergrad one before I started to feel like kind of an ass. -- I don't think I really need anything but the license displayed, but I am in private practice and frequently have clients in my office, so I'm wondering if it would be a good idea to hang them for appearances. Personally, I don't care for the look, but I'd do it if I thought it would help business.

So... diplomas on your office wall: class or ass?

Last edited:

Reggs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was raised to think that the only people who did so were children of uneducated parents.

ramuman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Display what you need to. If it's required in your field, show it in your office.

I personally literally trashed every diploma from HS to my PhD within a day of getting them - but I've worked atypical jobs. It's not ass if it helps you imo.

msza

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Apparently a study has been done showing that a therapist (my field) displaying 9 credentials/diplomas/etc in their office is still viewed in a positive light by prospective clients. Interesting. I think I only have 4, so I guess I'll hang 'em.

Study: https://mindshapedbox.wordpress.com...ists-display-their-diplomas-and-certificates/

Oh, but I definitely wont put my HS diploma up there, not that I even know where it is.

Last edited:

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I've got my JD diploma, ABA, PBA membership, Federal court admission, and PACDL membership on the one wall. I've got plenty of other **** I could throw up there if I needed to have a Little Lebowski Urban Achievers' Wall.

liabeokgm

Reaction score
got plenty of other **** I could throw up there if I needed to have a Little Lebowski Urban Achievers' Wall
29.gif

Last edited:

FLMountainMan

White Hispanic
Reaction score
Mine are all on a shelf in my closet, still in their envelopes. If you have to use a degree to impress people coming into your office, I kind of think you've already lost the battle.

TyroneTornado

Reaction score
Mine is framed and under my bed. One of these days, I am expecting to have a killer home office and put it on the wall there.

RandyBonnette

Reaction score
One of my colleagues has 17 framed documents on his office wall. These are mostly awards, licenses, certificates, 2 degrees (MA and PhD) + assorted honorifics. I never hung anything on my wall though. I teach students and their achievements are the markers of my success, so when they do my homework for me in time and with creative methods, I'm pleased with the results.

CaptainA

Reaction score
When reading the first sentences I thought about a university diploma, I was like wtf man, for what! But reading what your job supposed, so it's not an ass, totally. personally, my accountant diploma didn't help me so much, the employee doesn't give a **** for your diploma here you need to prove your experience of work and abilities. In my case, with my Cisco certificate, I just got the experience, knowledge and now prove it. BTW who is interested in looking a remote job check this one SPOTOclub.com

Nader393

Reaction score
For a small fee, you, too can be a top doctor. Even if you're not a doctor:

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Mine's stuffed in my closet somewhere, if I still even have it. Don't see the point of hanging a BS in Econ in my office though.

Scramm

Reaction score
Mine's back at my parents' place. Now that I think about it though whenever I go to the dentist I do see their various diplomas all over the place. Didn't realize that it could be a requirement of the office.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads