• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Where's my Flickr gone?

AndrewRogers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My Flickr is being updated and will be back within a week or two. Everything is gone because it is much easier to edit and arrange the new pictures with a clean slate. All I can say is that the new pictures will be better, so it's worth the wait.

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
WTF does this have to do with MC? Not to be crass, but who cares about your Flick'r, and why is this a thread?

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
He has picture of cloth samples from english mills. If you didn't want to be crass, you should have just PM'ed him.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Andrew's swatch photos are much better done than what the cloth merchants present themselves, and are a useful resource. He's a stand up guy for putting that much effort into sharing them.

- B

wmb

Reaction score
+1. I check them out quite frequently

kngrimm

Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
Andrew's swatch photos are much better done than what the cloth merchants present themselves, and are a useful resource. He's a stand up guy for putting that much effort into sharing them.

- B

Agreed. Andrew's photos are incredibly helpful and I'm glad to hear improvements are in the works.

poorsod

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are you still selling them or is that still gone for good?

TheTukker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria

- B

Originally Posted by kngrimm
Agreed. Andrew's photos are incredibly helpful and I'm glad to hear improvements are in the works.

+27

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ + 100, even though I havent bought anything from AR for a long time, I still peruse his flickr from time to time. Just yesterday I was looking for pics of Mersolair and found his pics were gone.

Good to know they will be back soon

Doxe

Reaction score
Originally Posted by teddieriley
WTF does this have to do with MC? Not to be crass, but who cares about your Flick'r, and why is this a thread?

I was trying to look up some fabrics on the weekend using Andrew's filckr account. Good to know it is coming back.

George

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mr Rogers deserves to be beaten up....er...sorry beatified for his efforts...!

AndrewRogers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by George
Mr Rogers deserves to be beaten up....er...sorry beatified for his efforts...!
You may want to beat me up yet! The updates are just about done. I need to put up three more sets, but they will eventually appear. The samples are up in their new format which was intended to allow for people to see as much in the one photograph as possible so that stripe widths, shades and patterns could be compared. This has made tagging pictures with specifications very hard, so I've decided not to do it this time round and considering the type of questions I used to get about the old pictures, people were not really using the tags. Finally, I understand some pictures are not great and that the new format will upset some, but I'm afraid this is how it will be from now on. It's easier for me this way and it just means the viewer will have to do a bit more legwork. I'm open to feedback and suggestions but please bear in mind I haven't got much time for making changes. If the wood in the pictures looks different from last time, it is. I was using an old chest this time. http://www.flickr.com/photos/britishcloth/sets/

alliswell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A hint - when you're looking at the photographs, download the 'Original Size'. This has readable text and the details of the patterns are visible.

As for people not using the tags and asking too many questions - this is why we can't have nice things.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Staff online

Forum statistics