• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Where Will Michael Vick End Up?

Kai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Reality TV

Pros vs Joes

countdemoney

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If vick still has close to 4.3 speed he'll have a couple of suitors. As I doubt he does, it could be a difficult return for him.

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised if it was the Cowboys

Jerry jones expressed last season that he really wanted to try the wildcat more. Felix Jones ran some of it in college. That new QB they drafted is kind of a wildcat type QB and the word on the street was that the Dolphins traded up to get Pat White because the Cowboys were going to take him so it shows that Jerry wants to try it still

Jerry likes athletic guys with upside and character issues (see: quincy carter, TO, tank, pacman, etc...)

Jerry looovvvveesss making media splashes and staying at the forefront of NFL news.

Romo/Kitna/McGee will be the 3 qbs going into the season after cuts. Barber/Jones/Choice are their 3 RBs. They'll probably keep one of their guys going into camp but i don't see why Vick can't serve as a utility guy to be the 5th RB, 4th QB, 6th WR and extra KR/PR

life_interrupts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think the biggest issue is whether he can throw accurately. He has a very strong arm, but is somewhat inaccurate, even in his best seasons. I'm sure he's still quicker than most -- remember other than the fractured filbula, he's hasn't had any major injuries -- so he should possess much of his athletic ability.

His character issues will be greatly mitigated by being broke as hell, being almost 30, and football being his only viable source of income. Whomever takes him will have Vick do community service and engender all kinds of goodwill. Since the American Humane Society has already stated they want to work with Michael Vick, he's on his way.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brian278
I can't imagine why anyone would think about signing him. He was never great enough in his prime to risk alienating all those fans, and he won't have played in a few years by then so who knows how he'll come back. What's the point?
One word: Wildcat. Vick's a better runner and a better passer than Ronnie Brown, who gave the Dolphins' opponents fits last year. I don't know if Vick's an every-down QB, but he'd be great as a change of pace.

Philip1978

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The constant media circus that is going to follow Vick where ever he goes is going to be a huge locker room distraction for the team that signs him. ESPN will move a permanent reporter to that city (Just like Ed Wuerter in Dallas or Pedro Gomez in San Fran when Bonds was still around). Being asked everyday about one of your teammates is a huge distraction.

onion

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by life_interrupts
Now that he's out of prison (sort of), when Vick is reinstated, who will take a chance on him? My first bet is the Raiders, for all the wrong reasons. However I think Carolina might consider taking a chance. They have a limited window of opportunity remaining with the current roster, a great running game, and already have a scattershot QB, so Vick's completion. He's familiar with the division and has a following in the South (no sure how much is left). Call me crazy. Thoughts?

I doubt it. The management of the Panthers, for some unknown reason, loves Delhomme. They won't get rid of the guy! Everyone I know (I live in Charlotte...) thinks Delhomme needs to be replaced, but he just got re-signed.
facepalm.gif

Prada_Ferragamo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bankruptcy then probably back to jail. I don't know Roger Goodell will reinstate him for the time being and he owes so much money to his creditors.

Also doesn't he owe a lot money for child support too?

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Seriously, isn't he still banned from the NFL?

life_interrupts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire
Seriously, isn't he still banned from the NFL?
He's suspended indefinitely, seeking reinstatement, which will almost assuredly be granted.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
a lot will depend on jerry's level of sexual attraction to vick. i think he prefers a bit more muscle mass on his black dudes.

Originally Posted by dcg
Have to think the Raiders are the most likely, just because of Al Davis. Cowboys would be a good bet any other year, but Jerry Jones seems to be divesting himself of criminals/poor character guys.

It'll be interesting to see what the fan reaction is for whatever team signs him. I wonder if the owner will require some sort of volunteer work/charitable donation on Vick's part that he can use to try to justify the signing.

life_interrupts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ambulance Chaser
One word: Wildcat. Vick's a better runner and a better passer than Ronnie Brown, who gave the Dolphins' opponents fits last year. I don't know if Vick's an every-down QB, but he'd be great as a change of pace.
I agree he's not the most accurate QB ever, but this is a guy who's won playoff games, won 11 games in a season. Could he start him over Shaun Hill, Sage Rosenfels, Matt Shaub, Josh McNown, JaMarcus Russell? I think so. Is that the right move?
decisions.gif

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thekunk07
a lot will depend on jerry's level of sexual attraction to vick. i think he prefers a bit more muscle mass on his black dudes.
Quincy was kind of a twink I'm still convinced that Parcells and Vinny planted those drugs on Quincy that off season as some elaborate plan to frame him and get him out of the picture so Vinny could start and prove how terrible he was. I mean, quincy was coming off a 10 win season going to the playoffs and was starting to show signs of consistency

dcg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thekunk07

Jerry probably also prefers the absence of herpes.

Fun fact: My pup got up from her nap and started barking at the tv when ESPN showed Vick yesterday.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads