• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Where to try lasts for EG, JL and Vass?

Fraiche

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello, can someone tell me where one can try the lasts for Edward Green, John Lobbs and Vass shoes?

I've seen pictures of them in threads but you can't really get the true feeling without getting fitted but hopefully I don't have to travel out of the country for that.

spidercan

Reaction score
John Lobb is easy, just go to Neiman Marcus, they sell them there. For Edward Green try the made in england purple label shoes at the Ralph Lauren store. Not sure about Vass.

Butter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by scohrdarkshadow
John Lobb is easy, just go to Neiman Marcus, they sell them there. For Edward Green try the made in england purple label shoes at the Ralph Lauren store. Not sure about Vass.

You mean just try on shoes simply for the fit..? Is that kosher? Wouldn't be cool looking like the guy who tries on 5 pairs and not buy anything.

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Butter
You mean just try on shoes simply for the fit..? Is that kosher? Wouldn't be cool looking like the guy who tries on 5 pairs and not buy anything.
There was a whole thread on this at least once. I can't recall if it was the point of the thread or the usual SF tangent. Think the views on this were 50/50.

Butter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by teddieriley
There was a whole thread on this at least once. I can't recall if it was the point of the thread or the usual SF tangent. Think the views on this were 50/50.
Well. Guess I'll try it to a Neiman from another city.
laugh.gif

Wideknot

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Butter

This is one of those rare times when a guy needs to think like a woman. She'll visit eight different stores, try on twenty different pairs of shoes in each store, and not buy a thing -- on her lunch hour. It is called "shopping." It really is OK.

Fraiche

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks like shopping like a woman would be the best bet.

Anyone know where I can try Vass lasts?

alliswell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Three choices:

1) Budapest.
2) Hong Kong.
3) Bigtimers everywhere.

jeff13007

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by alliswell
Three choices:

1) Budapest.
2) Hong Kong.
3) Bigtimers everywhere.

Dosent Bergdorf Goodman in NY carry them?

spidercan

Reaction score
One time I went with a friend who wanted to try on shoes at macys and then buy them online for cheaper. It was just macy's but it was one of the more uncomfortable shopping experiences I've encountered. Making somebody go into the back repeatedly to get the shoes in your size and personally place your smelly sweaty feet into them when you have no intention to buy them.... I don't know. I would never do it myself.

Mute

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Come down to L.A. and go to the Leather Soul in Beverly Hills. You can at least try the JL and EG. They don't have Vass but do have G&G.

LynahFaithful

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mute
Come down to L.A. and go to the Leather Soul in Beverly Hills. You can at least try the JL and EG. They don't have Vass but do have G&G.

They do not stock G&G any longer.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
i don't think it's really that big a deal to try on stuff without buying. salespeople should be used to that by now. just treat them courteously, chat them up, help them pass the time with good conversation...i think you'll be appreciated even if you don't buy. and then go the extra mile and buy some socks or shoe polish or trees from them to show your appreciation
teacha.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads