• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Where to stay in Paris

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I am going to Paris for a couple of weeks in April with the girlfriend. We were planning on staying with a friend of ours with an extra room and she just informed us that she most likely will not be living there anymore when we arrive as she accepted a new job back here in New York. I am kind of pissed at the situation because the cost of the trip as skyrocketted. Can anybody recommend a cheap, safe place to stay, something not on the touristy side? Thanks a bunch.

littlepenny

Reaction score
God I'm jealous, I miss Paris.

I am not sure which part of the city you want to stay in, but I rented an apartment. Granted this was 2 years ago--and I believe the laws about short-term apartment rentals may have changed--but it was located at 69 rue d'Argout (2d Arr. near the Louvre). I rented from a very nice lady named Martinn (she has a blog and website at www.mart-inn.com). Assuming you can still do short-term apartment rentals, you could look on websites such as cobblestoneparis.com or homelidays.com. I rented the apartment through homelidays.com.

I also booked a hotel near the apartment from tripadvisor.com for the last 2 days (Golden Tulip Opera de Noailles‏ - nice boutique hotel with incredibly helpful staff).

Good luck and hope this helps.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by littlepenny
God I'm jealous, I miss Paris.

I am not sure which part of the city you want to stay in, but I rented an apartment. Granted this was 2 years ago--and I believe the laws about short-term apartment rentals may have changed--but it was located at 69 rue d'Argout (2d Arr. near the Louvre). I rented from a very nice lady named Martinn (she has a blog and website at www.mart-inn.com). Assuming you can still do short-term apartment rentals, you could look on websites such as cobblestoneparis.com or homelidays.com. I rented the apartment through homelidays.com.

I also booked a hotel near the apartment from tripadvisor.com for the last 2 days (Golden Tulip Opera de Noailles‏ - nice boutique hotel with incredibly helpful staff).

Good luck and hope this helps.

Thanks so much. I appreciate it! The link for Appartement Rue d'Argout doesn't work however...

culture

Reaction score
The link doesnt work, but that URL is correct. Just type that in.

audiophilia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hotel Opera Danou Inexpensive for Paris. Tiny lobby but very nice, clean rooms. Awesome pink marble bathrooms. Great location. A minute from Opera Metro, Palais Garnier, Cafe de la Paix, Ave de l'Opera, 5 minute walk to Place Vendome, 15 minute walk to Tuileries and Louvre. IIRC, it was 150 Euros a night. edit: just saw the above post. Renting an apartment is what we'll be doing next time. Great idea. Great choices.

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I can recommend a quirky and cheap hotel: Hotel Saint Andre des Arts for under 100 EU/night, but two weeks is a long time in a quirky and cheap hotel.

lefty

bbhewee

Reaction score
MyHotel in Levallois. Adjacent to the 17th, metro station not far from there, and it's actually pretty close to all of the West Paris attractions (you'll find that Paris is tiny).
And I'm sure you can work out a deal with them if you call them.

privateer

Reaction score
http://www.amadeus-hotel-paris.com/

Stayed there for 7 nights with a girlfriend a few years back. Not the most comfortable place in the world but the location was fantastic. Highly recommended if you're looking for a budget place.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads