• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Where to stay in Instanbul

Star

Reaction score
Any advice where to stay in Instanbul and get best bang for buck. I am thinking of spending 4 days. Typically I would look for an clean highend hostel however since I will be coming off a Long Haul flight I want my own room. Has to be clean and close by to the centre.

Thanks

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
sorry, I usually stay at the marriott or hilton. enjoy

TC11201

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Star
Any advice where to stay in Instanbul and get best bang for buck. I am thinking of spending 4 days. Typically I would look for an clean highend hostel however since I will be coming off a Long Haul flight I want my own room. Has to be clean and close by to the centre.

Thanks

For inexpensive in Sultanahmet, I've stayed at Ibrahim Pasa - for the price, nice, clean, relatively modern, with a gorgeous roof deck with fantastic views and very friendly mgmt. also very convenient to the tourist stuff (if that's why you're there). If you are willing to splurge, both the Four Seasons and the Ciragan Palace are fabulous hotels.

Flambeur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ciragan Palace, especially when it's warm out so that you can enjoy the outdoor pool...

It's expensive, but so is the rest of Istanbul

The Snob

Reaction score
I loved the Istanbul Hyatt heh heh

I was there last summer for a week at the start of a backpacking trip and spent half in the Hyatt with points and the other half in a hostel in Sultanahmet-- Bahaus Guesthouse.

After getting used to the posh and ridiculously cheap hostels in Asia, it was a bit of a shock to pay so much for hostel (and boy were the hostels hostile) lodging in Turkey (and the rest of Europe), but the Bahaus was pretty good and they have private rooms.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads