1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Where to start

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by dunivan, Jun 4, 2013.

1. archibaldleach

archibaldleach Senior member

I appreciate where you're coming from and some experiments and failures are definitely part of building a good wardrobe over time, but there are a lot of things that are pretty easy to get right when you're just starting out. Once you understand what fits you, you really shouldn't be making major mistakes with staples such as dark suits, white and light blue dress shirts, navy blazers, etc. There really should not be any failures with this sort of thing in an ideal world. Once you have your basic wardrobe and start to branch out, one can and probably will make the occasional mistake. Until then, I don't think one has to have a massive amount of failures to succeed in building a wardrobe.

No need to learn for years before buying clothes, but even a couple of weeks can keep one from some of the more eggregious failures starting out. Other things like knowing what fits and sticking to basics before getting crazy works too. By the time you're ready to do something a bit out there, you'll have had that much more time to read and observe.

2. MisterFu

MisterFu Senior member

++1

3. VinnyMac

VinnyMac Senior member

This should answer your questions....You're welcomed [​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. wojt

wojt Senior member

Depends on what do you consider massive, but yeah there are many mistakes to avoid easily like wearing too big clothes or a buying your first suit in black etc etc (personally I pride myself in never owning or wearing a black suit ;) ). You can avoid most mistakes, but you will make some and when you start it would be easier for you to just accept that. Like recently I bought a cardigan that's too deeply cut. Defo falls short of perfection but it fits well so I can still wear it and look good compared to 95% of casual wear you see on the streets (atleast that's what I hope lol).

Last edited: Jun 15, 2013