• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Where to Shop in Vienna?

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

ThinkDerm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

If not already mentioned, Ludwig Reiter for excellent very high quality footwear . I have two pairs of their shows
which show little wear after many years.

https://www.ludwig-reiter.com/en/mens-classic-collection-hkl

For Bespoke shoes with a limited selection of very high end RTW,
Balling is worth visiting. I am a very difficult fit and they spent 45 minutes
trying to find a pair that worked. The customer service is superb.

http://www.balint.at/english/index2.htm

photos of your shoes?

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

photos of your shoes?

Unfortunately, to my great frustration, the last that my shoes are based upon, the Amerikaner
Last, has been discontinued. I was in the shop in 10/2014 and tried on it's successor and it didn't
fit my wide feet. This is basically the model of both pairs that I have : water buffalo; suede. The grain
shoe in the picture is iin a last which has a more tapered toe that mine:

https://www.ludwig-reiter.com/en/derby-r-20-sgs-rf-1-w

Last edited:

ThinkDerm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

...Someone above mentioned cufflinks and he's right they have fanastic (and fantasically expensive ones) in the art deco style. I bought a pair from there years ago, very nice...
think this shop may have closed. no cufflink shops or jewelry shops next to Christl. The jeweler around the corner is permanently closed as of last month.

ThinkDerm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Flusser recommends a glove shop called Christl, but next door to it is a fascinating shop selling gorgeous antique cufflinks (at very high prices, unfortunately).

Couldn't find this place. wonder if it went out of business due to high prices?

ThinkDerm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Someone above mentioned cufflinks and he's right they have fanastic (and fantasically expensive ones) in the art deco style. I bought a pair from there years ago, very nice.
Couldn't find this spot - any updates on the name? Was it directly adjacent to Christl? or just in the same neighborhood or street?

I saw there was a jeweler around the corner from Christl, which had permanently closed.

ThinkDerm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I would also be most interested in the address to the cufflink shop.

If anyone happens to know good places to shop high-end vintage menswear and acessories, that would also be geat.

Thanks in advance!

Any luck finding the cufflink shop or high-end vintage menswear and accessories on your trip to Vienna?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads