• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

where to shop in Chicago

DGP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
My ex girlfriend was born and raised in chicago and she can't wait to get the **** out, I truely feel for you.

I happen to like Chicago (though not as much as LA), but given the choice between moving 1750 miles away to Chicago, and 50 miles south to Orange County, I'd choose the former in a heartbeat.

And some of us would call limitless plastic surgery, pre-owned S Classes with 25in chrome rims, and a complete lack of culture and class a poor quality of life, so I think it's all about your perspective.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
You should, your style would fit in perfectly there.

ataboada

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ken
Tell me about it... I've had it up to here with all the pretty girls, cheap rent, fanatic sports teams, local music, cultural landmarks, and midwestern charm.

+1

Al-Wahid

Reaction score
You forgot to mention that Chicago has better food than L.A., some of the best architecture in the hemisphere, an actual public transportation system (albeit one that has plenty of problems), and has produced more Nobel Prize winners than any other city in the world. Oh and did I forget to mention that Chicago has Barack Obama?

Tooch4321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ken
Ha!

Sissy...

hahahaha, i totally missed that one! tell old girl to buy a coat and quit complaining...

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Al-Wahid
Oh and did I forget to mention that Chicago has Barack Obama?

lulz. Everybody move here! Obama lives here!
eh.gif

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Al-Wahid
You forgot to mention that Chicago has better food than L.A., some of the best architecture in the hemisphere, an actual public transportation system (albeit one that has plenty of problems), and has produced more Nobel Prize winners than any other city in the world. Oh and did I forget to mention that Chicago has Barack Obama?

That's it, I'm packing up today damn this gorgeus year round weather.

PS. I also love the change in direction of this thread to those anxious to defend their precious hometwown.

Tooch4321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
lulz. Everybody move here! Obama lives here!
eh.gif

NO DON'T!!! Also, what do you think about Daley's lovely plan for the increase in parking ******* meters? It's ******* bullshit...

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
That's it, I'm packing up today damn this gorgeus year round weather.

PS. I also love the change in direction of this thread to those anxious to defend their precious hometwown.

You should come visit sometime dawg.
Originally Posted by Tooch4321
NO DON'T!!! Also, what do you think about Daley's lovely plan for the increase in parking ******* meters? It's ******* bullshit...

Don't have my car in the city.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Tooch4321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
You should come visit sometime dawg.

Don't have my car in the city.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

yeah, i have two cars in the city. one i keep in the garage and drive in the summer and another i use for the winter which stays on the street. i am not happy about this at all, ******* corrupt irish scumbag...

Francis91

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tooch4321
yeah, i have two cars in the city. one i keep in the garage and drive in the summer and another i use for the winter which stays on the street. i am not happy about this at all, ******* corrupt irish scumbag...

I read somewhere that they aren't even going to be plowing side streets this year.

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why do you Chi people keep on releecting Daleys all the time? I've never met anyone who described the local government as anything other than a corrupt scumbag filled system.

And then you have the lovely Chicago PD. Fun guys all around.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nil
Why do you Chi people keep on releecting Daleys all the time? I've never met anyone who described the local government as anything other than a corrupt scumbag filled system.

I think you answered yourself there.

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Vote early, vote often, eh?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics