• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Where to shop Amsterdam Brussels Antwerp?

adam52rl

Reaction score
I am traveling to the low countries with some friends and would love it if some of the locals could let me in on some of the more unknown shopping spots in these great cities.
I am hoping to accomplish two distinct shopping goals: enrich my wardrobe with goodies not available in the states, and broaden my sartorial horizons by seeing different cultures' takes on the experience. Any other good travel tips would be appreciated as well
Thanks in advance

T4phage

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oger.. yes, you will see the silly "cut to the bone" fit.. tight jackets and short trousers... if that is to your tastes. A better store would be Pauw Mannen. However, walk down P.C Hooftstraat, the more 'exclusive' shopping area of Amsterdam.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
What's the name of that cigar store that opened in 1608 or something? That place is really cool.

T4phage

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
What's the name of that cigar store that opened in 1608 or something? That place is really cool.

Dunno, I don't smoke cigars. Is it on Dam square?

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Originally Posted by T4phage
Dunno, I don't smoke cigars. Is it on Dam square?

I forgot. I was only there once. But it was cool.

nootje

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton

Hajenius... Nice location, small range of cigars and mostly a place to be "seen" . If anyones interested in cigars in Holland just give me a pm, working in the industry gives a different perspective on stuff.

Mediaman

Reaction score
Hi there,

I don't know your taste in clothing, but here are some good shoppingstreets and stores. In Antwerpen defintly visit these streets:

- Schutterhofstraat; Burberry, Gucci, Prada, all there, but are also available were you live.Villebrequin (swimshorts), Hermes, Cocodrillo (shoes) personally I love Essentiel http://www.essentiel.be/

- Huidenvetterstraat; Massimo Dutti, Scapa Sports, Verso is great for designerclothing: http://www.verso.be/

- Nationalestraat; Dries van Noten; G-star jeans, THE high fashion street

- Lombardenvest 2-4- Huis A. Boon - MTM leather gloves, absolute go-see, not that expensive

-Frankrijklei; Suitsupply, good suits, italian style: http://www.suitsupply.nl/#/home/

Just use googlemaps and you will find them easliy. They are within walking distance of eachother. If you send me your style preference, I might be able to give you more tips.

Enjoy!

Mediaman

T4phage

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There is an JM Weston store in Antwerpen, don't remember the address though, but it is need the centre.

stilmacher

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
DEGAND - DEGAND - DEGAND!!! In Brussels, don't miss it. The worlds best men's store (at least of the ones I have seen) Avenue Louise 419.

T4phage

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by stilmacher
DEGAND - DEGAND - DEGAND!!! In Brussels, don't miss it. The worlds best men's store (at least of the ones I have seen) Avenue Louise 419.

I must agree that it is one of the best. btw, In Brussels there are usually two names for roads.. one in Flemish, the other in French. The above addreess is also known as Louizalaan.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have always loved the english hatter in Amsterdamn

Ixelles

Reaction score
Originally Posted by T4phage
I must agree that it is one of the best. btw, In Brussels there are usually two names for roads.. one in Flemish, the other in French. The above addreess is also known as Louizalaan.

+1 - there are actually 3 Degand stores, all interlinked internally (one is for the Brioni & Kiton crowd, the second is more daily business wear & the third is "sport" - think Orian, Tods, Fay, etc). Not cheap, as you'd imagine, but also a beautiful location in a huge maison de maitre. Brussels is not really a SF mecca - Antwerp & Amsterdam probably offer more bang for the buck.

T4phage

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ixelles
+1 - there are actually 3 Degand stores, all interlinked internally (one is for the Brioni & Kiton crowd, the second is more daily business wear & the third is "sport" - think Orian, Tods, Fay, etc). Not cheap, as you'd imagine, but also a beautiful location in a huge maison de maitre. Brussels is not really a SF mecca - Antwerp & Amsterdam probably offer more bang for the buck.

But Brussels: more choice of chocolatiers, more choice of restaurants, and more choice of waffles! I think Bruxelles wins over Antwerpen.

adam52rl

Reaction score
Wow! thanks for all the good info.
That cigar store sounds really cool!
nootje - Thanks for the generous offer of your time. I would love to learn more about one of my favorite ways to relax especially from an expert like yourself. Maybe we could join to relax and enjoy some of amsterdam's other famous treats
cheers.gif
lol.

Mediaman - that sounds like a great way to spend an afternoon, thanks. One question, will I be able to get a pair of gloves made in one day, or does it take multiple visits?

i'll be sure to make time for Degand
Again thanks for all the replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads