• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Where to send new denim for expert alterations??

The_Foxx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm planning to buy two new pairs of jeans, but need to have the inseam/ length expertly altered so they look good. Once the jeans arrive from the department store, I'd like to send them out to have these alterations done, then have them shipped back to me.

Can someone recommend a good place to send them? Have they done good work for you in the past/ are they well known for this sort of thing? It looks like i need the inseam altered from about 35" to 30.5 inches.

Here are the new jeans i plan to order, by the way-- really like the fit and look of R&R denim, needed another light denim and a new pair of dark:

http://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/ca...0732cat8900744

http://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/ca...0732cat8900744

Thanks!!

knucks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why the **** would you do that? Just take them to any tailor/alterations/dry cleaning place in town.

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
Originally Posted by knucks
Why the **** would you do that? Just take them to any tailor/alterations/dry cleaning place in town.
Well, his profile indicates he's working for a year in the Middle East, so the dry cleaner/tailor situation might not be quite what it is where you are and I am . . .

knucks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I saw that..but it is the Middle East..there are plenty of tailors there. I mean I guess it all depends on where in the Middle East he is. I'd look for a place in Europe though

Brian SD

Reaction score
send them to www.blueingreensoho.com

They have a Union Special sewing machine, which will give you a nice hardy stitch - the same used in all the high quality Japanese jeans, as well as old school Levi's.

The_Foxx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
um....yeah, i don't plan to have them shipped HERE/ don't plan to wear them here....

Also, one thing i really liked about buying jeans at that denim store in the las vegas shopping mall was the great job they did hemming the jeans. you can't really tell the hem isn't original, doesn't look like the jeans were simply folded under and sewn, hoping to get another professional job like this.

thanks for the great website, brian! i might end up ordering 2 pairs of cool jeans from them, and just have them do the work before shipping.

a tailor

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
if you buy the jeans from NM then have them do the alterations.
just measure your present jeans from top of the waistband down the side to the very bottom of the legs. add or subtract if you want to change the length.
this works if you will wear the new jeans at the same position as your old ones. otherwise just let them know what inseam you want.
haveing nm do the alt will save you added shipping costs and much waiting time.
the alterations will be done by pros.

Stylez

Reaction score
Where in the Middle East are you working?

ang_kangkong

Reaction score
Originally Posted by The_Foxx
thanks for the great website, brian! i might end up ordering 2 pairs of cool jeans from them, and just have them do the work before shipping.

If you mean BiG, then just take into account whether the jeans you'll get are raw (and unsanforized) and make sure to allow for the shrinkage in length before you get Gordon to hem them.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads