• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Where to meet intelligent women in Toronto?

KenN

Reaction score
Originally Posted by West24
two points in this thread, kenn is an idiot and has no idea what he's talking about, and tomgirl ill take you around town. dont you worry! dont worry, dont!

teacha.gif
Avoid Toronto.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
two points in this thread, kenn is an idiot and has no idea what he's talking about, and tomgirl ill take you around town. dont you worry! dont worry, dont!

Is your mom intelligent? Didn't really speak to her much when i last saw her.

NorCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GQgeek
Meh. Or maybe they're just in jobs where they're not surrounded by highly educated peers. That's certainly the case for me. I have a good job, and while there are some cute girls there (all wearing rings), most of them are in customer service or front-end positions, so i'm assuming they're not that well educated, not very ambitious, and possibly not that intelligent, though I haven't spoken to any of them enough to form an opinion (because of the rings).

This is something I think about a lot. A part of me wants a simple girl. The other part thinks i need someone really smart with a very curious mind that reads a lot so that we always have things to talk about down the road. This stuff always makes me think about Manhattan, when Woody realizes that when he's really honest with himself, he was most at peace and enjoyed himself the most when he was with Tracy (the 17 year old).

In all honesty, I have no idea what I want.

You want the cock.
Seriously tho the bolded is a big part of your problem.

mkarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by KenN
Coffee shops are a bad idea. Intelligent girls have better things to do than sit in a coffee shop.

Restaurants are even worse. How do you approach someone in a restaurant without (1) disrupting her meal, (2) disrupting her companions, (3) ignoring your own companions?

I was referring to those who actually work there.

mkarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mkarim
That bad?

Nah, the chicks are hot. But I have no idea about meeting them - I was only there for a weekend.

tomgirl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

inlove.gif

mkarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is something I think about a lot. A part of me wants a simple girl. The other part thinks i need someone really smart with a very curious mind that reads a lot so that we always have things to talk about down the road. This stuff always makes me think about Manhattan, when Woody realizes that when he's really honest with himself, he was most at peace and enjoyed himself the most when he was with Tracy (the 17 year old).

So go for one of each...
1159[1].gif

tomgirl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MetroStyles
Nah, the chicks are hot. But I have no idea about meeting them - I was only there for a weekend.

I hear clogging toilets at the local starbucks is pretty effective.

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tomgirl
I hear clogging toilets at the local starbucks is pretty effective.

Man, I posted about that? Lol.

Anyway I was with my babygirl the entire weekend so I wasn't on the prowl. Except for eligible toilets.

tomgirl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MetroStyles
Man, I posted about that? Lol.

Anyway I was with my babygirl the entire weekend so I wasn't on the prowl. Except for eligible toilets.

And she got hers, all right.

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tomgirl
And she got hers, all right.

I filled that baby up in a way my peen never could.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NorCal
You want the cock.
Seriously tho the bolded is a big part of your problem.

Not really. They're on the other side of the building and i'm still on probation (new job) so I'm not about to start hanging out over there in the hopes of getting a chance to talk to a few attractive women that are probably engaged/married when i have little reason to be over there in the first place. As for my assumptions, maybe I am completely wrong, but I just can't imagine that anyone intelligent or ambitious says to themselves when they are young "I really want to grow up to be a receptionist/customer service agent." Those seem to me to be jobs you take for lack of options or a total lack of ambition, because they go nowhere, but maybe i'm too harsh.

Albern

Reaction score
As for my assumptions, maybe I am completely wrong, but I just can't imagine that anyone intelligent or ambitious says to themselves when they are young "I really want to grow up to be a receptionist/customer service agent." Those seem to me to be jobs you take for lack of options or a total lack of ambition, because they go nowhere, but maybe i'm too harsh.

I'm glad there's someone that shares the same sentiment that I have when looking for qualities in the opposite sex. Being mean, harsh, or snobbish aside; usually find very little in common with women who are not intelligent and/or ambitious as denoted by their profession as some kind of indicator. I always seemed to have very little to talk about with my hair dresser, the receptionist / EA at work, and sometimes those who work in retail beyond the usual small talk.

I like the idea of being in a power couple. There's usually a heck of a lot more to talk about and the dynamics are way more interesting. I find this especially true for pre-med / med and fellows/doctors. Lawyers are a mixed bag; some are greedy and self absorbed, others aren't too bad but have less to say than med students (in my experience anyway). Any suggestions on where to meet these kinds of women?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 82 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.2%

Forum statistics

Threads