• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Where to go for first anniversary dinner in NYC?

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
Originally Posted by haganah
I would not do La Cirque.

Took my wife there in 2001. Henry Kissinger was at the table next to us. Pete Peterson was two tables away.

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
Take her back to the first restaurant you took her too. Sentimentality always wins.

Don't know of Panda express is really the way to go on 1st anniversary dinner man...

crazyquik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm not very good with tehMathes, but if you take her out on Saturday night, and stay past midnight, then it's technically your anniversary day.

hws

Reaction score
If the wife will agree to this, go to Robert's Steakhouse.
satisfied.gif

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Artisan Fan
I have not been there in a while but this was my favorite romantic spot in the 90s.

Somehow this doesn't surprise me.

Originally Posted by Artisan Fan
Took my wife there in 2001. Henry Kissinger was at the table next to us. Pete Peterson was two tables away.

Firepower!
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Foof - Happy Anniversary! Are you guys really into/appreciative of classic French cuisine? If so, go. However, I find these restaurants overwrought and always disappointing (from a gustatory viewpoint) - I can't imagine a young couple having a good time at one of these places, but I'm sure you're much more cultured than me. Lot's of better choices for a nice quiet romantic dinner.

untilted

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SField
Don't know of Panda express is really the way to go on 1st anniversary dinner man...

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

in all seriousness, i'd hit up something on saturday night too. more lively. home cooking on sunday, if you cook.

i'd like to recommend the River Cafe in brooklyn. beautiful view...

Kuro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by haganah
I would not do La Cirque.

Definitely. I recently had dinner there and I'd describe it as bland.

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Waverly Inn
devil.gif

Kuro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have not been in a couple of years, but recall that I enjoyed an anniversary dinner at the Modern.

UpperWestie

Reaction score
Foo - If you dont get into PerSe, go to Bouley. You cant fkk it up there, very romantic and warm decor, with tremendous food. If you want to keep it in the hood, go to Picholine. Likewise romantic and sophisticated, food is top notch and best cheese cart in NYC.

UpperWestie

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Despos
Have you been? Why that smiley?

Despos - I personally havent been to Waverly, but I went to Monkey Bar a few weeks ago. Food is shite, but scene was fun. The decor was fantastic. I'd imagine Waverly is the exact same formula.

AgentQ

Reaction score
Daniel wouldn't be a bad choice either, IMO. Snagging Per Se might be a bit tricky, but you could always go for lunch... those are fairly easy to snag
smile.gif
Edit: haha, Per Se has availability for 11:30am on Sunday.

bigbadbuff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
just rent out Masa for the night and be done with it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads