• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Where to get flat front shorts

easy_golfing

Reaction score
Can anybody recommend where to find some shorts? I'm looking for flat front, simple shorts. Nothing with any extra pockets or fancy patterns or anything. Just a solid colored, flat front pair of shorts that sits just above the knees. Everything these days is too patterned or too baggy. Trying to keep it under $50 or so.

I checked out Bonobos but their shorts seem to sit a little too much above the knee for me.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Thanks

awxg

Reaction score
You're better off buying some Mabitex, etc. and getting them tailored into shorts.

escheriff

Reaction score
Originally Posted by easy_golfing
Can anybody recommend where to find some shorts? I'm looking for flat front, simple shorts. Nothing with any extra pockets or fancy patterns or anything. Just a solid colored, flat front pair of shorts that sits just above the knees. Everything these days is too patterned or too baggy. Trying to keep it under $50 or so.

I checked out Bonobos but their shorts seem to sit a little too much above the knee for me.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Thanks

GAP, J Crew, Polo, Vineyard Vines, Southern Tide

Southern Tide tends to be a trim fit and are well-made: http://store.southerntide.com/produc...horts-1011.cfm

Polo's Prospect short is another staple in my wardrobe, but I would advise against wearing shorts with a tie, sweater, or blazer unless you want to look like an asshole (at least here in the south):

http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/i...entPage=family

porcelain monkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
J Crew. Lands End Canvas. LL Bean Signature.

easy_golfing

Reaction score
I like the Lands end and the Polo shorts. How is Lands End quality? I don't want something that'll be shoddy looking after a few months.

DandySF

Reaction score
For a trip to Hawaii I recently picked up a pair of shorts from J. Crew. They're slim and flat fronted. Today I saw some good looking shorts from Vince.

bleachboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Brooks Brothers. I like their non-iron shorts.

easy_golfing

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bleachboy
Brooks Brothers. I like their non-iron shorts.

I like the Brook Brothers shorts, but they're a little pricey. Do they go on sale?

silvere2

Reaction score
Originally Posted by escheriff
GAP, J Crew, Polo, Vineyard Vines, Southern Tide

Southern Tide tends to be a trim fit and are well-made: http://store.southerntide.com/produc...horts-1011.cfm

Polo's Prospect short is another staple in my wardrobe, but I would advise against wearing shorts with a tie, sweater, or blazer unless you want to look like an asshole (at least here in the south):
http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/i...entPage=family

Sometimes when its a bit chilly out, and I'm wearing shorts in the house, I'll throw on a sweater to make a quick grocery store run.

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 8 12.7%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 22 34.9%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 16 25.4%
  • 31 - 40

Votes: 7 11.1%