• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Where to get extra collar stays? ...

cmeisenzahl

Reaction score
Do you guys have a favorite place to buy extra collar stays? I have a couple shirts that have bent/broken stays after accidentally letting them go through the dryer. ;-(

cmeisenzahl

Reaction score
Originally Posted by brittain
you can pick them up almost anywhere: BR, Brooks Bros, department stores, etc
or these options

Thanks, I didn't realize they were commonly stocked. I'll try a couple retail spots this weekend.

Bhowie

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Can someone explain to me how I can use google to search for answers to simple questions?

CardinalDoc

Reaction score
Nordstrom will usually give you a couple boxes of plastic collar stays for free...just ask for it at the register counter.

rioni

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No, it would be better to create your own thread for this question.

Originally Posted by Bhowie
Can someone explain to me how I can use google to search for answers to simple questions?

IB240996

Reaction score
There are places that sell sets of different size stays. One size doesn't fit all. Seize sur Vingt in NY has nice ones but there are plenty of stores that sell them.

minnesotamoon

Reaction score
What are people experiences with plastic vs. metal stays? I've always used plastic ones but am seeing more and more stores offering the metal ones.

cwh812

Reaction score
I like and use only metal ones. They are much more durable and some of the plastic ones that come with shirts are more flimsey than the collar itself. Metal is not that expensive either. I think a picked up a set of 20 or so from Saks (that come is different sizes) for under $30.

satorstyle

Reaction score
Also try Neiman's Last Call, great looking shiny silver color stays 18.00.

AdamInSF

Reaction score
I got a box of assorted-size brass ones from forum non-favorite, Jos A. Bank - $22 minus whatever for sales/discounts.

SlamMan

Reaction score
I know Wurkin Stiffs don't have a lot of fans around SF but I like them. It's my dirty little secret. www.wurkinstiffs.com

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads