• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Where to get casual made to measure clothing online

dbush440

Reaction score
Where to get casual made to measure clothing online?

rssmsvc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I only know of Lands End, and the shirts are great but the pants are crap.

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ravi's Tailors do MTM jeans, trousers, shirts et.c. I don't have experience with those although I did commission from them a MTM odd waistcoat (vest) that turned out ok.

twblalock

Reaction score
I have had enough weird size inconsistency and variance with the standard RTW Lands' End clothing to be very wary of going near the MTM stuff. At least the warranty is good.

The shirt fabrics are actually pretty good for the price, at least on the RTW shirts. The wool they use for the trousers is awful, and the cut of all of their trousers is very strange in some way, I can't put my finger on it.

EDIT:

I suppose Jantzen is pretty much MTM, right?

Jared

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by twblalock
I have had enough weird size inconsistency and variance with the standard RTW Lands' End clothing to be very wary of going near the MTM stuff. At least the warranty is good. The shirt fabrics are actually pretty good for the price, at least on the RTW shirts.
Do MTM Lands' End shirts have a different level of quality than the RTW shirts? If so, how do MTM Lands' End shirts compare with RTW brands? What would they retail for if they weren't MTM?

Gradstudent78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I tried to use the MTM shirt program at Land's end. I was pretty happy with the shirt fabric but could never get the fit right. I wanted to get a more fitted waist, but after calling them I found out that the only way I could shrink the waist was to shrink the bottom opening, which ended up being being much too tight for my hips before it was fitted enough in the waist (I have a 34 inch waist and 41 inch hips). However, the nice thing was that if it didn't fit I could send it back and have a new one made with different measurements. I also found their customer service pleasant to deal with even though they ultimately couldn't provide me with a product I would be happy with.

alflauren

Reaction score
Originally Posted by skalogre
Ravi's Tailors do MTM jeans, trousers, shirts et.c.

Shorts, too. I have a couple of pair from him, and while the finish is by no means stellar, they are certainly very wearable and far more of a proper fit than shorts I've bought in the store.

thinman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jared
Do MTM Lands' End shirts have a different level of quality than the RTW shirts? If so, how do MTM Lands' End shirts compare with RTW brands? What would they retail for if they weren't MTM?
I'm a long-time LE customer and I find their MTM shirts comparable quality to their RTW. They outsource MTM construction overseas, though I know not where. The LE OCBDs that I own (the only "dress" shirts I buy from them) wear extremely well, but the fabric is not at all soft. IIRC, their RTW OCBDs retail for $19.50 and 29.50 Edit: I also find the MTM program difficult to use because I never know how changing one measurement will change others and customer service is no help in this respect. I would like to know how to expand the shoulders, but I'm not sure it's possible without starting afresh (there's also no way to know what current measurements they have on file, without measuring the actual shirt yourself).

adamm411

Reaction score
I just bought a fitted dress shirt at Banana Republic. It fits very well, and has a nice glossy blue color to it which I like. As usual, the neck is way too small. However, it's very fitted through the chest and waist, and the shirt sleeves are fitted also, so I don't have all this extra material billowing around my arms.

Now, does Land's End have an option for creating shirt sleeves that are fitted also, or do they have a standard size? I would simply like to recreate the fit of my current shirt but simply with a larger neck size.

Adamm

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads