• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Where to get an overcoat?

style_man

Reaction score
I'm looking for a wool or cashmere overcoat. Specifically, a gray double breasted overcoat. I cannot seem to find this design anywhere, at any price. Do you guys know where I can get this (size small, or 34/36) online? I want to spend under $300, but I'll splurge if its something really nice. Thanks.

GBer

Reaction score

VictorJB

Reaction score
If you live in the metro area I would not buy online. There are tons of coat stores and you are looking at the right time. My company just released all the winter coats and they are at good prices right now because its still summer time. Check out any good discount stores in your area just make sure its a good materials ... If you live in the metro area Private msg me and ill msg you a bunch of store names.

CashmereLover

Reaction score
Originally Posted by VictorJB
My company just released all the winter coats and they are at good prices right now because its still summer time.

Sounds strange, normally all winter clothes released from the late summer to autumn, are at full retail prices?
eh.gif

VictorJB

Reaction score
Didnt release the winter stuff we released the fall stuff ... Well let me correct myself, we released fall attire with winter jackets. such items as winter boots, gloves, hates, scarves, and other winter items have not been released. just the jackets as of now and pertaining to this post.
smile.gif
thanks for finding my error
smile.gif

GBer

Reaction score
Originally Posted by VictorJB
If you live in the metro area I would not buy online.

Always better if you can try it on in person, but his size sounds like a special order, which in these days most stores probably will not do without a non-refundable deposit.

Does your company carry his size?

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by style_man
I'm looking for a wool or cashmere overcoat. Specifically, a gray double breasted overcoat. I cannot seem to find this design anywhere, at any price. Do you guys know where I can get this (size small, or 34/36) online? I want to spend under $300, but I'll splurge if its something really nice. Thanks.

I have no idea about your size and the price point is higher, but O Connells in
Buffalo, NY has a vast inventory that includes several double breasted models.
They are also very very responsive by phone.

http://shop.oconnellsclothing.com/

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bkstone
Even on ebay it would hard to find one under $300, and if you are lucky you have to worry about scams.
5086.gif

I have seen some for less than $300. You just have to be very patient.

oakcircle

Reaction score

Interesting that you can't find a DB one on ebay. For a few weeks, I've been looking for a black SB one (except in size 42 in the <$500 range), and all of the nicer ones seem to be DB. Be patient--it's still hot--and consider a little higher price, and you should find one.

style_man

Reaction score
yeah, I've seen a few nice ones go for very good prices, but not a single one in my size. I had thought I could get a 38 one tailored, but no, the shoulders were really big. The price isn't even my issue; I'd pay $500 at this point, I just can't find one my size, in any price range.

Jay687

Reaction score
Sterlingwear (.com) has a double breasted car coat. I'm not sure if that'd work for you, but it might. I'm thinking of getting the single breasted version, but want to talk to them first to see how long it is (looking for it to be mid thigh or so).

I believe it is only $225 for the 80% wool, 20% nylon blend. And then $75 more for 100% wool, $100 more for wool/cashmere blend.

GBer

Reaction score
You guys are forgetting his size 34/36.... That's quite small and will not be easy to find.

chasingred

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
wow, that might actually work, jay687. Thanks.
If you get one, can you let us know how it fits, and perhaps even take a picture? I'd be interested in getting one if the fit turns out well. Edit: nevermind, just found the SW&D mega-thread on peacoats and Sterlingwear.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads