• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Where to get a suit pressed in downtown Toronto

scatterbrain

Reaction score
Where is the best place to go to have a suit pressed only? Not cleaned, not steamed, but properly pressed, like this?

scatterbrain

Reaction score
Start the process of elimination, I guess.

King's Cleaners (King & Church) steams and does not press.

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In-stitches in Manulife center say that they press suits.

smoothmoose

Reaction score
I'll check with my cleaners (Fashion Cleaners at Queens Quay & Yonge), but I'm pretty sure they steam?

How much you willing to pay for a press service? I think the stand price for 2 piece clean and steam is $15-18?

scatterbrain

Reaction score
In-stitches in Manulife center say that they press suits.
Did they say whether they press press or steam? When I asked the last place they said "yes, press. No iron. Steam." They were still referring to the steaming as pressing.

scatterbrain

Reaction score
I'll check with my cleaners (Fashion Cleaners at Queens Quay & Yonge), but I'm pretty sure they steam?

How much you willing to pay for a press service? I think the stand price for 2 piece clean and steam is $15-18?

I would pay up to 20, it it's done properly. Possibly more for my better suits. My tailor says that he knows someone who does it well, but I think he said that they charge $25. I'm not sure if a cut of that goes to the tailor or not.

I'd prefer take it to the person who presses myself (both to save $ and time), if I can figure out someone who will do a good job.

Last edited:

stubloom

Reaction score
To properly hand iron a suit to the standards proposed by Jeffrey Diduch (see more at www.tuttofattoamano.blogspot.com), expect to pay $50 to $75 US.

Unless one operates a charity comprised of skilled pressing technicians (an unlikely scenario), there's is no possible way to deliver THAT work for anywhere close to the $10 to $25 mentioned. And anyone who says they can do THAT work for THAT price is either (a) lying, (b) not doing the work as specified or (b) has no work on their plate in the first place. If it''s (a) or (b), shame on them. If it's (c), you wouldn't want to entrust your suit to them in the first place.

Just my opinion.

Last edited:

scatterbrain

Reaction score
To properly hand iron a suit to the standards proposed by Jeffrey Diduch (see more at www.tuttofattoamano.blogspot.com), expect to pay $50 to $75 US.

Unless one operates a charity comprised of skilled pressing technicians (an unlikely scenario), there's is no possible way to deliver THAT work for anywhere close to the $10 to $25 mentioned. And anyone who says they can do THAT work for THAT price is either (a) lying, (b) not doing the work as specified or (b) has no work on their plate in the first place. If it''s (a) or (b), shame on them. If it's (c), you wouldn't want to entrust your suit to them in the first place.

Just my opinion.
Good to know. I could see what Jeffrey proposed taking much longer than just throwing it on a steam dummy. When I asked my tailor about who does a good job pressing, I didn't show him the link. Maybe we were thinking different things.

$50 is way beyond what I can spend. Maybe we could focus on both 1) who does it as Jeffrey proposed, and 2) who does the best job within a normal price range - around $25ish.

stubloom

Reaction score
I'd be happy to provide a recommendation if such service existed at that price.

scatterbrain

Reaction score
Do you have anyone to recommend in Toronto if price doesn't matter?

stubloom

Reaction score
Please see response on PM.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads