• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Where To Find XSmall Clothing For Men

shreveyboy

Reaction score
Yes, I am admittedly a smaller guy, but I'm okay with it. So please don't offer that I should bulk up. I am looking for casual wear clothing - mainly shirts - that would fix a guy like me. I'm looking for chest measurements 34-36in. I know for basic tees, AA has a fair selection. Topman recently opened a US website and has a nice colourful selection. Zara has some amazing pieces as well that usually fit right too. I was wondering if the brilliant knowledge of this forum would know of any other sources. I'm pretty much open to any type of style, so don't hesitate. Thanks in advance!

Also, if this is the wrong section, I do apologise.

migo

Reaction score
same problem here...solution: Tailor.

dopamine

Reaction score
I also have a very small frame. H&M has wonderful slim-fit stuff. In terms of t-shirts, I have a Diesel shirt that fits very well and several shirts from Target that are surprisingly slim-fitting. In fact, one of the Target shirts might be my favorite shirt of all. The only "casual dress shirts" that I've ever found that are slim-fitting enough are by Keanan Duffty for Target and a particular Ben Sherman slim-fit shirt. BoO also has a ton of great dress shirts, but they are a bit expensive for my tastes.

level32

Reaction score
34-36cm is tiny. That's aroudn 14 inches
wink.gif

Adam24

Reaction score
I believe there's also Club Monaco that offers XS clothing.

NaTionS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What about XL children's clothing?

aizan

Reaction score
tried it, doesn't work. if the chest fits, the sleeves and collar-to-hem will be too short.

i'm taking a sewing class next semester. i went on a grand tour of all the fashion hot spots in la during the summer, and i hardly found anything that fit.

zeliums

Reaction score
Originally Posted by level32
34-36cm is tiny. That's aroudn 14 inches
wink.gif

I'm around a 34-36. It's hard to find xsmall for that size.

hi-val

Reaction score
Gap has most of their stuff in XS, J. Crew has some offerings too. Express has basic dress shirts in blue and white in XS. Lacoste's size 3 is XS. Mango carries XS but it's kinda pricey.

crosswound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i wear size 2 lacoste and xs american apparel. i find most stuff to be able to wear something underneath for me 32-34in if i just want to wear it by itself nothing underneath 30-32 inch. i'm in the same situation.

band of outsiders extra small does fit really well but its expensive. i need to buy a couple of more non solid color ones though.

ahjota

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hi-val
Gap has most of their stuff in XS, J. Crew has some offerings too. Express has basic dress shirts in blue and white in XS. Lacoste's size 3 is XS. Mango carries XS but it's kinda pricey.
Mango has men's clothing? LOL... if they do, I might just have to buy a shirt next time I'm in LA.

Jay-D

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Japanese labels are the way to go. We're an affiliate and give 20% off for members. 36" chest is usually a Japanese small or medium depending on the designer. Mr. Olive is the tightest label we carry and we will start carrying their size small with our next shipment.

This spring we are adding several new men's lines and I will give everyone a line-up soon.

Odd Morsel

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Atsui
Japanese labels are the way to go. We're an affiliate and give 20% off for members. 36" chest is usually a Japanese small or medium depending on the designer. Mr. Olive is the tightest label we carry and we will start carrying their size small with our next shipment.

This spring we are adding several new men's lines and I will give everyone a line-up soon.

Good advice (and sales pitch?
wink.gif
). Some Japanese (and other asian) brands are ridiculously small in the chest. My chest is 38", but most mall brands are a bit unbalanced for me. XS for brands like J. Crew, Express, Gap and H&M may fit fairly close in the chest, but the sleeves are baggy and/or too long. And forget about trying to find higher armholes.

I've only ordered a jacket from Topman in XS, and everything was great except for the sleeve length which was an inch too short for me.

mulansauce

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by migo
same problem here...solution: Tailor.
Question for anyone in the know: How much can a tailor adjust the shoulder width of a shirt? I know you can shorten the sleeves and the length or dart the back to slim the body, but is it possible to shrink the shoulders without major trauma to the shirt? XS shirts fit me fine in the arms, neck and body, but the shoulders are still usually too wide for my tastes. And to the OP: Definitely try Japanese brands. In Japan, you are averaged sized. GAP and J.Crew have xs online; the chest should fit fine, but the arms will probably be baggy. H&M small fits like most common US xs. If you want to travel a bit upmarket there is Ben Sherman (not really that expensive, but harder to get cheaply in the US). Even more upmarket is Band of Outsiders and a number of fashion labels. Also, you might try seeking out European brands in smalls, as they are usually cut narrower than US smalls.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads