• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Where to find slim-fit pants at a reasonable price

TylerRad

Reaction score
For a long time I've been looking for a reasonably priced pair of slim-fit pants/khakis, but to no avail. (By slim-fit I'm referring to something along the lines of a Bill's M3 or the Polo Custom Fit Featherweight Chinos.) eBay is essentially a bust for these types of things and Bill's are out of my price range. Preferably, I'd like to find pants with a cuff/leg-opening of less than or about 8 inches, maybe about 7.5 inches or so. I've had to take numerous pants to tailors to have them taken in to achieve this fit, but I'd really like to find some ready to wear at a price around $30-50.

I'd appreciate any suggestions or online retailers or otherwise.

hanker565

Reaction score
I'd suggest yoox.com - the width at end is listed. There are plenty of slim Italian brands on there for cheap. Note that yoox sizing is sometimes inconsistent because they use IT suit size instead so double check.

My favorite pair of slim casual pants is an Incotex I got off yoox.

alliswell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
jcrew classic fit is slim and cheap.

ChicagoRon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't know if they qualify as cheap, but I picked up a nice pair of Jack Victor cotton trousers at Mark Shale last week ($135). If / when they go on sale, I'll pick up another pair. I'm very happy with them for the price point.

+1 on the J Crew, but they're a little more casual. The ones I mentioned above are styled similarly to Incotex, but not nearly the same quality...(you get what you pay for).

chronic

Reaction score
Originally Posted by letmebefell
jcrew classic fit is slim and cheap.
+1 I have a few pairs of these, and the leg opening is 8" on a size 30. they have lightweight ones for the summer as well. not exactly high-end, but prob. the best you can buy for your budget. edit: actually, I have the essential chinos in slim fit, not classic fit. these are internet only, not sold in stores.

TylerRad

Reaction score
yoox.com was certainly a good resource. There are a great deal of slim fitting pants there, but sadly most are either out of my price range or not available in the proper size. I welcome any more suggestions of brands or online websites selling pants.

Something along these lines:
http://www.yoox.com/item.asp?tskay=3...od10=361114241

or maybe just a bit slimmer. And, a bit cheaper would also be nice, but I realize cheap, decent fitting pants are difficult to find.

Dewey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
what is your waist, tylerrad? you ask for a certain leg opening -- do you want that in a size 28 or a size 38?

i also find that leg opening is not a reliable predictor of slimness above the knee. if you go on leg opening alone, you can wind up hammertime

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronic
+1 I have a few pairs of these, and the leg opening is 8" on a size 30. they have lightweight ones for the summer as well. not exactly high-end, but prob. the best you can buy for your budget. edit: actually, I have the essential chinos in slim fit, not classic fit. these are internet only, not sold in stores.
I have the j.crew essential slim-fit with a 1.75" cuff. They're cheap but not the best quality. Good enough for the price.

TylerRad

Reaction score
Dewey, my waist size is 32. Hopefully this information is helpful.

alliswell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronic
+1

I have a few pairs of these, and the leg opening is 8" on a size 30. they have lightweight ones for the summer as well. not exactly high-end, but prob. the best you can buy for your budget.

edit: actually, I have the essential chinos in slim fit, not classic fit. these are internet only, not sold in stores.

They move the goalposts each season. Currently the classic fit is the skinniest fit.

chronic

Reaction score
Originally Posted by letmebefell
They move the goalposts each season. Currently the classic fit is the skinniest fit.

Ah...haven't been to the website in a while. I guess classic fit = slim fit from last year.

MNmongul

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dewey
i also find that leg opening is not a reliable predictor of slimness above the knee. if you go on leg opening alone, you can wind up hammertime
crackup[1].gif
good point! I had trouble finding dress pants locally that are a slim enough fit for me. I have some from express called the "producer" in wool that are my favorite. The ankle opening is 8.75 inches on their "30" but they are really slim at and above the knee which i love. I tried the Jcrew classic fit's that were mentioned above and i thought they too were relatively slim, pretty similar to a pair I have from Club Monaco. They are a "31" with an 8.75 inch ankle opening that are relatively slim at the knee, but not nearly as slim as express pair. They almost seem a little too wide just below the waist.

mensimageconsultant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads