Where to find RTW Club Collar shirts and a decent skinny suit?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Waltar, Oct 14, 2006.

1. Waltar

Waltar Well-Known Member

I have a 1k budget and a wedding in two weeks, if i had anymore time at all I would've had something made but alas. My chest is around 34 inches but my arms are on the long side so most 34S / 36s's are either too big in the chest or too short in the sleeves. I live in new york so going into manhattan isn't an issue if I'll find something decent, but is 1k even going to be enough for a decent skinny suit?

2. trogdor

trogdor Senior member

You could try Sacque Suit for the suit: http://www.sacquesuit.com/

Brooks Brothers carry RTW club-collar shirts -- I know because I've got one. It's not the best shirt in the world (fabric feels a bit too stiff, and although it's their "slim fit" model, it's still not slim enough, IMO). I can't find it on their site right now.

Have you seen the nice club-collar photo at the Sartorialist? It makes me want to get more club collars! Here it is:
    [​IMG]

3. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

Paul Smith's mainline has clubcollar/continental collar shirts this fall but they're $400. I had 5 made at Jantzen this past year but if 2 weeks is your lead time then that's not a viable option. other than that I don't think I've ever actually seen any at stores.

4. Connemara

Connemara [URL='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jST2Sv63WQ']

I'd go Brooks for the club collars. I have one, and it's decent, especially at sale price.

5. Waltar

Waltar Well-Known Member

You could try Sacque Suit for the suit: http://www.sacquesuit.com/

Brooks Brothers carry RTW club-collar shirts -- I know because I've got one. It's not the best shirt in the world (fabric feels a bit too stiff, and although it's their "slim fit" model, it's still not slim enough, IMO). I can't find it on their site right now.

Have you seen the nice club-collar photo at the Sartorialist? It makes me want to get more club collars! Here it is:
    [​IMG]

Okay that makes me want Club-collared shirts about ten times more than before. It looks even better than I hoped it would. Also, does anyone here have a Sacque Suit? I'm thinking about going down to manhattan to try 'em on but i'd love to hear a bit about them before I take the drive.