1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Where to find RTW Club Collar shirts and a decent skinny suit?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Waltar, Oct 14, 2006.

1. Waltar

Waltar Well-Known Member

I have a 1k budget and a wedding in two weeks, if i had anymore time at all I would've had something made but alas. My chest is around 34 inches but my arms are on the long side so most 34S / 36s's are either too big in the chest or too short in the sleeves. I live in new york so going into manhattan isn't an issue if I'll find something decent, but is 1k even going to be enough for a decent skinny suit?

2. trogdor

trogdor Senior member

You could try Sacque Suit for the suit: http://www.sacquesuit.com/

Brooks Brothers carry RTW club-collar shirts -- I know because I've got one. It's not the best shirt in the world (fabric feels a bit too stiff, and although it's their "slim fit" model, it's still not slim enough, IMO). I can't find it on their site right now.

Have you seen the nice club-collar photo at the Sartorialist? It makes me want to get more club collars! Here it is:
    [​IMG]

3. Get Smart

Get Smart Senior member

Paul Smith's mainline has clubcollar/continental collar shirts this fall but they're $400. I had 5 made at Jantzen this past year but if 2 weeks is your lead time then that's not a viable option. other than that I don't think I've ever actually seen any at stores.

4. Connemara

Connemara Senior member

I'd go Brooks for the club collars. I have one, and it's decent, especially at sale price.

5. Waltar

Waltar Well-Known Member

You could try Sacque Suit for the suit: http://www.sacquesuit.com/

Brooks Brothers carry RTW club-collar shirts -- I know because I've got one. It's not the best shirt in the world (fabric feels a bit too stiff, and although it's their "slim fit" model, it's still not slim enough, IMO). I can't find it on their site right now.

Have you seen the nice club-collar photo at the Sartorialist? It makes me want to get more club collars! Here it is:
    [​IMG]

Okay that makes me want Club-collared shirts about ten times more than before. It looks even better than I hoped it would. Also, does anyone here have a Sacque Suit? I'm thinking about going down to manhattan to try 'em on but i'd love to hear a bit about them before I take the drive.