• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

where to find gray flannel bowtie?

The_Foxx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone seen gray flannel bowties for sale? I looked in new York, but none of the stores (including cucinelli, which is where I got the idea in a gq pic ) had them.

dr.no

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Maybe edmorel can have one made if he's got some extra fabric?

EDIT: Link here

Sanguis Mortuum

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gladhands
Try the cordial churchman.
This was the first thing I thought of. Though they don't have something that looks suitable listed on the web-site they can convert ties into bow-ties, so I'm sure if you sent them some flannel fabric they could also make that into one.

lee_44106

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tough Decision

ponders.jpg

Vintage Gent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My memory may be failing me, but didn't Anthony Kirby once sell wool bowties? That's of little use, though, since his enterprise seems to be defunct.

The_Foxx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I checked the cordial churchman, nice stuff but no dice. If only Sam Hober did custom bowties, might be able to score one before the holidays-- in the meantime, any other online source ideas welcome!

mack11211

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There is a french firm with an online presence that does bow ties in unusual shapes and perhaps fabrications as well.

The name is butterfly or bow tie in French.

CruiseControl

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mack11211
There is a french firm with an online presence that does bow ties in unusual shapes and perhaps fabrications as well.

The name is butterfly or bow tie in French.

Le Noeud Papillon. And they're Australian.

Although I haven't seen anything other than silks on their website.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by The_Foxx
I checked the cordial churchman, nice stuff but no dice. If only Sam Hober did custom bowties, might be able to score one before the holidays-- in the meantime, any other online source ideas welcome!
Saks in Chevy Chase has them, I saw them there yesterday.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads